AuthorTopic: GR#070 - Rath Character Design  (Read 14324 times)

Offline RedKnight91

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Rath Character Design [C+C]

Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 09:47:55 pm
Really great edit Shiny : D

You really nailed the right colors : ) I would have tried too but I had no time, my bad : p

And I'm really sorry for mistaking HIM for a SHE, I thought that shadow on the chest was a boob-shadow! lol : p

btw, I think his right arm (holding the sword) is outlined too much, it seems to have some special power compared to his left arm : D
Bear with my poor english, I'm italian!

Offline reticle2020

• "Do or do not, there is no try"
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 05:12:34 am
WOW SHINY!!!  that looks amazing!  You have it nailed...I was trying with the last edit to get a more cohesive color palette...it got close but i don't think I'm hue shifting enough!?!?  As I'm still new to this I think I should work on palettes a little more.  I've read a few tutorials but they never really mention how far to push it.  Or is this simply sprite specific...As you mentioned the extreme hue shift is to amp up the cartoony feel of the sprite and I think you've nailed it there! 

I think as far as my attempts go, I was over complicating myself and it was coming out all muddled, IT IS supposed to be cartoony and as such should be simple with lots of color and not a ton of detail other than, say, the face, for obvious reasons.

And it's no problem RedKnight I think the shirt in that sprite was all kinds of messed up!  It's no wonder you thought it was a girl lol!  And ironically it's the left hand that will have some sort of "Power" as you put it, cause the character is supposed to have a magical gauntlet on that hand that lets him cast spells.

Thank you both for your awesome edits...your amazing!

Offline RedKnight91

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 06:56:59 am
You're welcome : ) When you do some more, show us ^^

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 06:41:08 pm
^Indeed. I'm looking forward to your next post too, reticle. Keep at it! =)

Offline reticle2020

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 07:27:02 am
Hey all,

Back again with another update...I wanted to take what Shiny did and build on that.  I studied how he got the shadows an highlights to work with the shape and not just some random line.  I didn't want to completely rip off the sprite either, instead I took my previous sprite and adjusted it...I think it's close to what Shiny did without being a complete ripoff...He still has no hair as I'm still undecided about what style I want :)  Also the right foot is a little weird may go back and adjust the shape of it...looks too round.

Any and all feedback is welcome as always!

Peace Geeks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:36:57 am by reticle2020 »

Offline RedKnight91

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 12:32:56 pm
You're getting there : D Seems like you can't decide if you want him to have long or short sleeves xD And I agree with you on his right fit, kinda looks broken.. Even Shiny's kinda strange

I did something to help you with perspective, sorry if it's so rough xD

Offline reticle2020

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 02:10:32 am
Cool thanks RedKnight...yea the foot is hideous I'm gonna work on that next!  And in regards to the sleeves do you mean they are too long or are they just sort of in between?  Anyway thanks for the diagram :D

**EDIT**

Worked on the foot I think it's a step in the right direction.  Extended the legs slightly to even out the stance.  Thinking I should just give him shes instead of dealing with the stupid sandals...lol.  Next I have to figure out the hair :P  Ahh hair...my arch enemy...but today I shall be the victor mwuhahaha

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:50:11 am by reticle2020 »

Offline RedKnight91

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 08:21:36 am
lol! Good edit, the leg is so much better : D the foot could be a little more flat on the left side : )
About the sleeves yeah, they're in between the arm : p

Offline reticle2020

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 06:17:49 am
So having a hell of time deciding what sort of hairdo this little guy needs, not that I'm against the Last Airbender look...anyway I mocked up a few designs I dunno anyone got any ideas???  Have I mentioned that I hate doing hair, that it's my Will Weaton to My Sheldon Cooper, my Captain Kirk vs. Khan...but i digress.

I should mention that the game is taking place in a fantasy setting so something that runs in that vein :)

Thanks in advance

Peace Geeks!

Offline RedKnight91

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 06:51:56 am
I like the 4th one 'cause it's original : )

The 1st one looks like a chick : p