AuthorTopic: Sprite stuff.  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Omega_Jet

• View Profile

Sprite stuff.

on: August 09, 2011, 04:48:03 pm
Um hi, I joined this forum a few weeks ago and I figured I would post somthing.

Its an old OC(Original Character) of mine that I have vamped many times. This is his latest incarnation.

Now bear with me, I have been spriting for a little over a year or so and I am not extremely good.
I will try to add more sprites soon.
Any input/comments are greatly appreciated.

Offline Kain Nobel

• View Profile

Re: Sprite stuff.

Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 05:57:01 pm
Not personally a big fan of black outlines, but I suppose its tolerable. :(

Most of the issues I see are on the right (his left) side of the sprite. What immediately stands out to me is the flat bottom edge of his vest, it feels like it should be angled a bit upwards instead of laying flat. Also, if you remove that one pixel on the bottom right corner of his pants, the cuff will feel smoother. Maybe its just me, but the back of the foot on that side looks odd, more like an animal foot.

On the left side (his right), the outline on the bottom of the vest and leg cuff could use some cleanup work. Its also odd that he only has 2 toes, perhaps its just a side effect of the angled perspective of his foot? I can't help but feel there is an issue with his heel on this foot too. Lastly, his chest feels off center and that cluster of pixels around his crotch area is distracting.

A quick edit came to mind;

I gotta figure out how to slow down the .gif settings in PS, sorry about that lol

Offline reticle2020

• "Do or do not, there is no try"
    • View Profile

Re: Sprite stuff.

Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:36:41 am
Nice sprite...I really like the character design actually, although it does bear a small resemplance to Tidus from FFX, at least his shorts do anyway :P  In regards to the other comment the speed settings are located near the bottom of the animation timeline like so:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hope that helped!