AuthorTopic: Jio Freed 666 Satan[WIP]  (Read 2685 times)

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Jio Freed 666 Satan[WIP]

on: August 11, 2011, 04:51:59 pm

This is Jio Freed from the manga 666 Satan AKA O-Parts Hunter.

Any crits/comments. Also The big green boomerang on this back is suppose to be metal but I never really shaded metal before so it doesn't look like metal xD

Offline CodeCriminal

• View Profile

Re: Jio Freed 666 Satan[WIP]

Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:39:26 pm
Hi, I hope you dont mind but I made an edit, it was easier for me to just give you an edited version of your piece than it would have been to give you a long winded explainations on some of things your doing wrong/badly

Firstly, I had never heard of this character or seen what he looked like until later during the edit I decided to pull up a reference, so bear with me :P.
I dont recommend you take much away from how I did the creases in the clothing, as it is not that great, What I do suggest is you take a look at the detailing on the boots, face and hands, and also take note
of the colours I have used, how they differ from yours (I noticed your colours are quite saturated, this is bad for the eyes).
I didnt finish the edit as it was taking too long and I have things too do, but here I hope you learn something (anything?) from this.

Oh and a metallic material isnt too hard, metals have strong contrast (i.e. dark shadows and really light highlights) you just have to focus more on where the light is coming from and how it would react to a shiny surface (also, most metals are highly reflective so if your feeling brave :) ).
In my edit I didnt really complete the metallic effect, I just drew in some strong highlights to show what i mean.

EDIT: Oh! my bad, I just realised what he is doing withhis hands... lack of appropriate shadows brought this on I assume :P

:) Best of luck
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:35:29 pm by CodeCriminal »

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 11:26:53 pm
Alright I'm gonna try this again, using yours as a reference. I'll have a new one up soon!

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 02:04:50 am
Alright, I improved it using the above as a reference I kept the folds but changed up the right arm(white side) folds. I made an exmaple fo my arm irl and it looked like the folds were going the wrong way xD. I also edited the scarf aswell. Any crits/feedback !? I also made the face kinda the same aswell as the above. I tried testing other ways to do the eyes, but that one was the best, so I stuck with it :S. I think after I finish this piece, I'm going to attempt a girl from the same Manga next.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:29:25 am by e4r »