AuthorTopic: [PAID] Character overlays  (Read 4985 times)

Offline KhaosParadox

• View Profile

[PAID] Character overlays

on: July 26, 2011, 01:15:38 am
Hi,

I'm currently developing a 2D MMORPG. You can view art samples of the game on my blog, at http://byond.com/members/writinganewone

We're nearing the release of the game and I'm in need of character outfits for the female sprite. We already have the majority of the outfits drawn for the male sprite, so your work will mostly be adjustments to the male outfits and possibly more depending on how much time is left.

I can pay $30 per an outfit, the base sprite is 32x32, and has roughly 50 frames.

If anyone is interested, please send an email to writing-a-new-one@live.co.uk

Offline Claredeth

• View Profile

Re: [PAID] Character overlays

Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 12:06:18 am
Okay, let me make sure I'm reading this correctly.  You want costumes with a total of 50 frames to animate them on for only $30.  This is certainly not a paid job if the rates are that low.  And just a word of advice: no one with talent would want to do it for that price or free.

Offline Keizgon

• View Profile
    • Keizgon Arts

Re: [PAID] Character overlays

Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 08:19:36 pm
Not trying to be rude, but you posted this a month ago (and several times before that). I still see your previous one towards the top of the list. If you want to not appear to be spamming the ad section, you should edit your original post and bump it when something new has changed. As for your prices, they look pretty low from what I can tell (even for an amateur). Please post fair rates or post in the unpaid section (yet another post you already made).

MMOs are not anything small, mind you. Even if you are indie. If you can't afford it, try a different approach like lowering your content expectations at first and later when you can afford more work, then add more content. MMOs do this all the time starting out. They never started with all of it in one shot.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:10:59 am by Keizgon »