AuthorTopic: snowboarder  (Read 2639 times)

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

snowboarder

on: May 20, 2006, 06:12:45 am
this guy is part of a title screen for a multi terrain boarding game, but im having trouble with the jacket and how to shade it.  The only things finished are the bust possibly his right arm and the zipper, besides that it's a major wip. I'm pretty sure his left arm is too long.  and the oragen down the side is supposed to be stripes. Open to all critiques, please i need them :]

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: snowboarder

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 06:55:31 am
The zipper looks too angly like >. Unless that's the way the jacket was made, it should definately not look like that at all...It should follow the contours of his chest to some extent, with maybe a few wrinkles here and there. I like the head, but am undecided about how I like the cubey shading...or is that just a result of this being a WIP? I do, however, like the way the pants look like urban camo, only...uh, brown. Also, the back/side of his jacket looks too pinched in at the middle, and his legs are at a different perspective from his torso. They should be rotated toward the viewer a bit more, or widen them a bit. The sleeve is oddly shaped and inconsistently girth'd.

Other than those things, this is really cool. I like the orange/red jacket colors. He looks like he should be in the military.

Oh, one more thing: I get the feeling his hands should be oversized to match his feet.

Offline JWW

• One unbroken chain
    • View Profile
    • IamJakeWW

Re: snowboarder

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 07:07:33 am
thanks for the quick reply xion =]
These critiques really help.  Ill post with an update soon.

btw, thats not actually camo =P just really rough shading.  They're intended to be tanish snowpants.  Oh and those are supposed to be snowboarding boots to fit into the bindings, but perhaps too large?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 07:13:19 am by JWW »