Poll

is My sig too big that its annoying/distracting?

yes.
22 (55%)
no.
18 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 39

AuthorTopic: My sig  (Read 10680 times)

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Re: My sig

Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 09:39:32 pm
I see it as rather tacky to have a large art piece displayed as a signature on an art critique forum; It'd be quite distracting, no?

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 09:45:12 pm
i personally love sigs, as long as the height isnt big, and even then i just scroll done a tad bit more, no harm done.
(which reminds me, i need to change my sig, it was talking about a loooooooooong time ago when everybody thought i was reduced cging)

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 11:02:28 pm
I prefer thin and compact sigs to yours, as there's alot of empty space in your current one, although i can't really talk 'cus at the moment mine isn't so small. I prefered the older one with the animated guy, as it wasn't so distracting and it was transparent, rather than a slightly different colour than the forum background, which is weird for me eyes. But yeah, it doesn't bother me to the point of complaining about it, as it isn't bad to look at now and again.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 12:20:11 am
33% of the people find it obnoxious, please remove it. I'm really for a max 64px high limit

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 02:46:51 am
OMG CG AA! HUGGLEPIX D: D: D: D:  BAN PLS

I hate signatures bigger than 64px tall, though it looks like you spent some time on that i'd like to see it go personally >_>

<------ plenty of space over thar to be obnoxious and annoying, artistic, sexy, sexually attractive, attractive, worthy of  dating, worthy of ban etc,

-- in my oppinion

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 06:44:14 am
Not going to hate you for having that sig, but I find it annoying  having to see it the over and over wherever you post. And as Helm said I like to keep sigs on so at times I can see people's sites etc.
But ah well each to his own I guess.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 10:35:37 am
33% of the people find it obnoxious, please remove it. I'm really for a max 64px high limit
Ive really been planning on waiting for the poll results and what more of the pixelopolis regulars have to say on the matter, and I really dont need common courtesy pointed out for me.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

instant

Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 11:00:14 am
This forum is about expression-quite often in the pixel medium. if we really wish to change his signature, I see it as a hindrance to takam's expression as a pixel artist.

The signature is what its name illustrates; a signature to whom ever puits it up.

This particular signature was hand made, is unoffensive, barely takes 3 seconds to scroll over, and is pretty well done.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 02:19:32 pm
if the image was banned i would agree with you instant, but theres not any rule about it being posted.  i think what most people are annoyed about is that you have to constantly scroll past the same image, which in my book places signatures only a point or two above spamming, but like i said i just ignore them
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 03:48:00 pm
I think it's a LIIITTTLE too big. By a tiny marigin. I've seen so much worse, and it IS a nice sig. But it's.. just slightly slightly slightly too big. I tend to not like signatures that're larger than the post itself, and... yours is.