AuthorTopic: Lizard Stab Concept Animation & Still  (Read 9809 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Lizard Stab Concept Animation & Still

Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 11:35:45 pm
 ok, that makes sense now

though i would suggest, since the claws are curved, perhaps a stabbing motion issnt the best way to go, and would be better done with a slashing motion (which wouldnt take too big of a reworking if you are going to a quick, weak attack)

something like might work better for claws
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 02:19:08 pm
I think the biggest problem with the lizard isnt the level of detail or the pose.

it's just that the build you gave him doesnt match his cutesy pokemonish features, the body looks more like something of a chibified Street Fighter 3 sprite, all of the body features are relatively blocky and thus the blocky lines clash with the smooth face features.

I dont know why you went with this style, your usual style for drawing dragons and fantasy creatures has curves that fit this kind of design much more.

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 05:12:13 pm
great stuff !

a coupple of suggestions for the anim: The motion of the tail looks a bit too fast. The first few frames are fine, but i seems to speed up in the end. Add a few frames and slow the last part down. A bit of tail action after he finishes his punch would look cool anyway. Also, you might wanna contrast the arm/torso abit, otherwise the animation might end up a bit too cluttered.

Anyhow, great job, looking forward to the colored vers. of the anim!