AuthorTopic: Attack animation {Help} [C&C  (Read 2281 times)

Offline DungeonDan

• View Profile

Attack animation {Help} [C&C

on: July 12, 2011, 01:05:26 am
ok i been trying my best to do a attack animation for this knight and so far no luck here are my attempts its i can seem to keep the end of the sword inside the 32 32 box im just not great at animation but if any one can lend a hand or offer some advice that would be great

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Re: Attack animation {Help} [C&C

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:04:20 am
You have to leave some stil frames. For now its quite difficult to help when your work is closed into gif animation.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:36:49 pm by Koyot1222 »

Offline Seiseki

• Starmancer
    • OminuxGames
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/35207.htm
    • StarmancerGame
    • View Profile
    • Starmancer Patreon

Re: Attack animation {Help} [C&C

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 12:06:03 pm
The top one looks very strange because his head keeps jumping up and down and his sword appears from nowhere and extends down to his feet. You probably want to think of the perspective and try to make it look like it's expanding towards the viewer and not into the ground.

But in general, try to get more extreme movements, since those are rather subtle, except for the head bobbing in the top one.
I think you got the right ideas of how the body twists and that you lean forward to stab. But you need to change the perspectives and shading more.
The bobbing head would look better if the body got a lot shorter and compressed and the top of the head would become visible.
Also don't forget to add a shadow over the body since he's leaning forward.