AuthorTopic: Help Clouds.  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Juniorps

• View Profile

Help Clouds.

on: August 15, 2011, 02:55:45 pm
Hello everybody, okay? I came here to ask some advice and tips for a supplement in the art that drives me crazy.

The clouds.

Well, I've been training for some time and no results that pleased me, and I came here I asked for help you, I would love to techniques, tutorials or something.

I intend to work hard with clouds in the future, thanks.

Best Regards,

Paulo Sergio.  :y:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:57:36 pm by Juniorps »

Offline The 7th Sin

• View Profile

Re: Help Clouds.

Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 05:38:53 pm
Hey man,
I think the accepted standard here at pixelation is that your attempt something and then present the result here for critique.
Asking for help before attempting a technique or piece is pretty much frowned upon.
That having been said, you might find this tutorial helpful. http://www.rapapaing.com/blog/?p=12.
Good luck.

Offline CodeCriminal

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 07:18:53 am
I dug around for a reference you could use, and I particularly favour this style of cloud, though clouds are one of those things that come in many different flavours so it really is best that you try to create your own clouds or pick your own reference and then ask here.

Im not the best but I had a quick go:

With some work it could be improved substantially.
I did it by first grabbing a large round brush (non-antialised of course) using my pen tablet to create a random fluffy shape (you could also try creating various overlapping ellipses), then i went in with the second of the two shades and begin to shade some hemi-spherical shapes in, done.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:14:31 pm
Sorry The 7th Sin I really don't think that tutorial would help Juniorps. You should approach this as you would do in any other art form, I suggest you use some good old fashioned observation and work on developing a better understanding of the shapes and depth. I think CodeCriminal has got this on the right track but I strongly suggest gathering a good variety of real life references, you can then at least work on emulating the correct shapes and work on making yourself much more familiar with what you want to portray.

But I do stress, if you're struggling to create convincing clouds really do go back to the bare basics of it, this should be in mind with everything you do. Break it down to the bare bones (possibly a simple silhouette) and built this up step by step, colour by colour whilst working closely with observations and the references you've gathered. If you jump straight into something too complex you'll find you'll lose any grasp of convincing shapes and depth you initially had..

Do you have any atempts to show, I think we would be able to offer much better advice with something visual to go off.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 01:16:53 pm by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Juniorps

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 12:54:17 pm
I am interested in style cloud Jaeden, and I'm studying the way he does.

Some inspiration:

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/31402.htm
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/24107.htm

When I think I'm ready to post an example of cloud to speak what you think I'll post, I think that within three days I can post an example because I am very busy.