AuthorTopic: Base help[c&C] welcome  (Read 2443 times)

Offline DungeonDan

• View Profile

Base help[c&C] welcome

on: July 08, 2011, 06:41:55 pm
Im haveing trouble do the side view for my base idk way so im looking to you all for a bit of help

i have not done any of the detail yet becuase i am doing animation for this

Front View

Side View[edits welcome]

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Re: Base help[c&C] welcome

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:19:18 pm

I didnt saw wat sort of perspective did you used. Thats ive made my edits little bit flat than isometric.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Base help[c&C] welcome

Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 04:12:22 am
Front view:
Where are his ears, feet, or hands? His head seems a bit squished; you seem to be suggesting an oval but there's probably a better way to go around it. Note his jawline is missing.

People's legs (or eyes) don't really stick together like that, do they? Along with the rounded body and tube-like arms, this reminds me of a plush doll, or maybe that Pillsbury dough mascot thing.

Side view:

Only one leg should be visible when the character's facing left or right. The body seems a bit thin considering its apparent width in the front view.
Eyes are pretty low, not corresponding with the front view when the two are placed side-by-side. Ears are very high up and don't actually look like ears. The limbs lack definition, just as the head does the same while lacking definition (as explained earlier). Just look up some pictures of heads, or look at Koyot's example, to see what I mean.

Like Koyot, it's not clear what kind of perspective you're trying to aim for. I presume top-down, RPG style? In that case dropping facial features a pixel or two, as well as changing the feet, would help. I hope this edit reflects that. Two color version below in case you want to keep limits. (I can't help adding colors :crazy: )

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:30:43 am by pistachio »