AuthorTopic: Cyber Geisha Assassin  (Read 3302 times)

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Cyber Geisha Assassin

on: July 06, 2011, 12:28:50 pm
I will probably use this thread to post any art I need help with for my current game project.

Right now I'm working on one of the stills for the intro. Essentially she is a robot floating through space and she has two bullet holes in her chest. The main problems I'm having are the bullet holes not really looking like a light source (think power source in her chest) or holes at all really, and the kimono not looking very good. The style is grey scale+1 hue and that probably wont be changing. I may do a background at this point I am undecided. Note that there is a secondary light source to the top left (the moon)

Any crits are appreciated, especially anything on the kimono.

Offline lithander

• View Profile
    • www.pixelpracht.net

Re: Cyber Geisha Assassin

Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:52:55 pm
I tried my luck on the bullet holes...

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:01:40 am
Of course adding a bit of blood wouldn't hurt too.

Made this edit before reading that she was floating through space. In that instance, a trail to her right would be better, but might turn out less readable as a bullet hole.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:58:15 am by pistachio »

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:43:45 am
It looks really cool,some ideas..
Have the kimono torn a little around the holes with little flap things that would cast little shadows.
perhaps if the power source is in the centre of her chest, put one hole on either side which shows both how lucky she is that it missed (just destroyed her memory unit? Lol) as well as not looking like 2 speculars from the same light source.
Have u tried adding little subtle beams of light coming out?
Also maybe make them bigger or only have one big one, just big enough to see some detail inside the chest and u could always have some wires hanging out if u need to and a flew blobs of whatever fluid she runs in drifting out into space.
Also animate some pulsating glow and stars drifting past should look awesome.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 09:13:45 am
You've just described basically every idea that I had and couldn't pull off, other than the larger hole/see inside bit. I wanted like a thin stream of glowing blue fluid coming out but I couldn't work it, the areas just too bright, I may try again now that I've got some more colours though. The space is too small and bright to put the little flappy material bits (or I'm just not skilled enough). The little beams of light was actually in my head from conception but I kinda threw it out at some point, they're back now cause lithander and pistachios method of making them look like holes really detracts from it looking like a light source. I can't really move the other hole because it would mess with the lighting.

Big thanks to pistachio for the blood idea, for whatever reason it hadn't occurred to me. I can't really crop it because that's the games resolution. I might move it to the side some, though.

I will try the fluid droplets but after that I think I have to start working on some more functional graphics. I might come back later and try my hand at a background, I was thinking maybe a solar eclipse of the earth or something. I'll still take any crits into account though of course.