AuthorTopic: Into the Dungeon++: Hero Sprite [C+C]  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Into the Dungeon++: Hero Sprite [C+C]

on: July 02, 2011, 12:24:35 pm
HAY GUISE  :)

Partner to the orc and skeletons sprites I already showed around, here comes the guy that's going to send them all back to hell.

I'd like some C+C, as this is the first time I'm doing sprites with attack animations. Or maybe I did some way, waaay back, but I can't really remember.

The standing and walking animations are made with the same base sprite as the skeletons and orcs, but the attack animations don't have a base sprite counterpart.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Re: Into the Dungeon++: Hero Sprite [C+C]

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 02:07:18 pm
Animations please!
a warm colour is normally good to bring the character forward but I personally think the red is a bit brash and may conflict with the bucket loads of blood I expect there will be.
There are other ways to make him pop such as reducing the saturation of the background tiles allowing u to explore other hues for the sprite.
The face bothers me a little it seems very cartoony with those big eyes and the front of his face in side profile is too flat and needs some shape added and hair fringe to stick out a little.
Also the hair is so dark it is lost against the black or any dark colours so u may need to lighten it (try brown) or avoid dark tiles.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: Into the Dungeon++: Hero Sprite [C+C]

Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 07:26:28 am
Eyes are a bit freaky. So white and squarish in an otherwise dark mood. It looks like he's haunted or something. Is that desired ?