AuthorTopic: Casual Pixel Art Encounters  (Read 30393 times)

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Re: Casual Pixel Art Encounters

Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 06:26:09 am
Nice topic, although this is always what I use the doodles/lineart thread for. :-[

Here's a thing I'm working on right now, will probably turn out to be a full size 320x240 composition, so if anyone has any early words I would like to hear them.

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 06:56:02 am
I'm far from an expert on facial anatomy but I did quick edit. Mostly the angle of the head was different to the face (you may have wanted it on the angle of the head, I'm not sure but I went with the face cause it was easier), the nose was very long, the face was too far down on the head (big forehead) and the head itself was a tad long. I think I lost some of the character but I hope it helps. The neck could use a redrawing as well (for anatomy and angle).

Can't really say anything about the rest at this point but I like the style on the face.

Edit: had another look and there were still a few things bothering me. Cheek/jawbone/nose/mouth edit

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:43:55 pm by 32 »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 08:10:19 am
What I think he was trying to get across is that it should not be a thread for you to dump a whole portfolio full of pixel art into one post.  Focus on just posting about one or two pieces so it doesn't become a "Dump every single sketch or piece you never posted on PixelJoint into one post" thread.
That was what I meant, it's fine if people want to post an image dump but if you want c+c on every image you should probably make your own thread. But it's not a serious rule either, if you want to just show off what you've been making it's all good, at the very least you'll help others with inspiration and motivation.

I'm glad to see this thread's already kicking, you guys are awesome. :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:12:27 am by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 08:08:41 pm
Thanks a lot 32, you gave me some good things to think about. :)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 08:54:55 am

Finished this thing today, I might make some separate rubble sprites to fall down as individual and damage inducing objects.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 05:21:16 am
Working on a new enemy, Jerkmole:

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 05:22:29 am
Working on a new enemy, Jerkmole:

Okay, I absolutely love how smooth your animations are.

Anyway, I did something quick to get used to my new mouse (which is the one that came with my new computer)-

The AA is a bit blurry at times, but I've done worse.

And I guess I'll throw this in too?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 05:24:19 am by Phlakes »

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 03:17:41 am
Love the mole, Taka! I run around my house that way, too.

Interesting Gun, Phlakes, though not the most ergonomic design, probably :P

Something from about a year or more ago - the background was not my own work, but the shadow and AA rely upon it to make sense. Background was done by Matt0 I believe.

Offline jams0988

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 03:27:05 am

Just something quick from earlier today. Excuse the tree, I only got to spend about thirty seconds on it before having to leave to work. Didn't bother to finish it since it's just a sketch anyway. X3
Special thanks to Helm for the awesome video tutorial he posted (like a million years ago, I think) in the video tutorial thread we have here. Referenced it for the ground sprites, and his video showed me how great Pro Motion is, which was even more helpful - the workflow in Pro Motion is so much faster than it is in Graphics Gale! Thanks for convincing me to switch, Helm!

Also, I was very impressed by how quickly and efficiently you work, Helm. A true, pro, hahah. Made me want to practice more. o/

I love how smooth your falling rubble animation is, Taka. It's so cool how all the pieces just kind of melt away! I've been studying some of your old RPG tiles, too. Very nice work all around. =)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:00:33 am by jams0988 »

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #19 on: November 12, 2011, 09:16:37 am
Thanks guys, sharing work gives a real sense of reward and it's always inspiring to see what others can create.
jams0988, it's not really necessary to post your images at such large proportions, this forum has a built in zoom feature ;)

Here's what I'm currently working on:

First area of the game, still an obvious WIP. I actually first sketched this on my 3DS and I think it's something I'll do more often, unless of course I buy a real tablet. :P