AuthorTopic: Big ol' Robot Amp w/ Wire tentacles [C+C]  (Read 2747 times)

Offline jakeonaut

• hobby artist / professional SWE
    • jakeonaut
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/34891.htm
    • jakeonaut
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Big ol' Robot Amp w/ Wire tentacles [C+C]

on: June 26, 2011, 02:00:20 am

Working on logo for a friend's project. Final product will include robotic drones being controlled by the wire tentacles (plugged into the back of their heads) rocking out on traditional rock&roll instruments that are all robotified as well. Still need to play around with drone designs...

BUT! I'm fairly happy with the general shapes and colors of this amp, I hope...

This shading on the body+headphones satisfied me more than no dithering or random pixel dithering, but I'm not sure how well it helps the image.

Wires are definitely... I'm not sure about the smoothness of wibbly-wobblyness in them, and some of them have uneven thickness in places. This and the fact that they are kind of jagged I will be fixing once I finish a rough of the whole scene (including the background), and can AA them.

All comments or criticism/critique welcome! I kind of want this to be super cool.

Offline Malenko

• View Profile

Re: Big ol' Robot Amp w/ Wire tentacles [C+C]

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 08:22:38 pm
It looks really good to me, I would have never guessed how few colors you actually used on it.

I cant quite read the word on the amp, chipster.exe? (I blame my eyesite)

Offline jakeonaut

• hobby artist / professional SWE
    • jakeonaut
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/34891.htm
    • jakeonaut
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Re: Big ol' Robot Amp w/ Wire tentacles [C+C]

Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:53:27 am
Hurr durr whoops, don't blame your eyesight: I don't know what I was doing with that funky italicized hand pixeled text. Went with smallfonts this time. Trying to see how possible robo-drone design looks, although I am hating the colors for it right now. I also dislike the tentacle wires the more and more I look at them I am going to take another stab at them soon. :blind: