AuthorTopic: GR#067 - Punk Furry Tail High - Chars  (Read 27744 times)

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Re: WIP Punk FurryTail High

Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 12:54:18 pm

2 days ago i was thought that i should dropt it... little farhrer.

Offline heyy13

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 12:59:07 pm
Please don't drop it, your style makes me happy and i can see a definate improvment as you update. :) The new pose has alot of character. I love your pen drawings.

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 08:51:51 pm
Thankyou :) Those words gave me strengt to work more for it :)

Minwhile, i was working for another workbench wallpaper with furry:

Coments/edits very welcome :)

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 09:48:25 pm
Pretty please don't drop it! D:

I'm a big fan of the direction you've recently taken this thread, although frankly that princess is looking a bit too human to even be called an anthro. Not that it's a bad thing, in fact I'm pretty sure giving her any animal's characteristics wouldn't help. I'm far more eager to see where that goes as opposed to the new wallpaper, honestly.

But that wallpaper's looking good too, if not a bit bland. How about adding a pattern in the background, just very faint to keep it readable, perhaps diagonal stripes or large circles or something along those lines? Might want to darken her tail, right arm and boobs while you're at it, just to keep a feeling of consistent depth. Not sure if shading will show up clearly at that size however.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 07:09:58 am
Meanwhile, i was working for another workbench wallpaper with furry:
Neat style. I'd suggest you make her drop some shadow. That'd make the workbench more look like "a place where she lays". I'd also suggest you to replace your black art-line by some dark-colored art-line (possibly keeping the black outline, but I think even that can be dropped). Reason: black tends to kill any volume you try to convey through subtle shadows and shading.  It flattens everything at pixel-art scale. It must be used with caution.

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 11:17:17 am
Im very happy that some of my work made you happier. Pistaccio, thankyou for all words, i was tryied to make my drawing better useing your advices.
PypeBros, i just redraw all black outlines, and in my opinion it helps a lot. Thankyou for advice.
I also wanted to learn how to draw some pixel circles, with isnt so easy thing...

Next WIP. Something more? thanks for any new advices.

This how it looks like in my Directory Opus Magellan (stetched to pal hires Lanced):
http://i.imgur.com/r0su5.png
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:29:05 am by Koyot1222 »

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 03:41:17 pm

Imho, you can push the artline thing yet one step further by adjusting the tint you use to the colour of the object. E.g. I used dark brown for golden stuff and greyish cyans on the inner line of the gloves while keeping the blue for the *out*line.

Tried to soften her ... hum ... features a bit too ... and fixing some banding on the weapon, but maybe that was above my level.

Well. Anyway, don't take my word for granted: try it again, compare, etc.

PS: are you really working on ... an Amiga ?

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 04:45:33 pm

Yes, not only but, why not? Its my favourite hobby. Some of my favourite artists still useing C64, but i dont know this home computer, expecialu how to draw for it ;) Im still having my old but working amiga 1200 with spectrum graphic card, wtch is only change its dont has real harddrive but CF card as a hardrive for quick and easy data files excchanges betwen PC and Amiga.
http://www.ppa.pl/graffiti/obrazki/rysunki/koyot/1182_002.png
For finishing work, or in my job for pixels im useing gimp.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:51:02 pm by Koyot1222 »

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: July 21, 2011, 01:35:53 am

Yes, not only but, why not? Its my favourite hobby. Some of my favourite artists still useing C64, but i dont know this home computer, expecialu how to draw for it ;) Im still having my old but working amiga 1200 with spectrum graphic card, wtch is only change its dont has real harddrive but CF card as a hardrive for quick and easy data files excchanges betwen PC and Amiga.
http://www.ppa.pl/graffiti/obrazki/rysunki/koyot/1182_002.png
For finishing work, or in my job for pixels im useing gimp.

May I suggest using Grafx2 for most of the pixel part of it? It's really like DPaint/Brilliance etc , and much more adapted to pixel work than GIMP.
It even has an Amiga port. The only thing GIMP does in the pixel arena that Grafx2 doesn't, is animation.

Oh, and BTW, you do some beautiful linework :)
One crit on the latest image: I think that's meant to be a gun she's holding -- but it mostly looks like a heavy grey block. Of course there are guns which are pretty much like that -- the point though is it's difficult to read. I think you could improve the readability by making the gun barrel narrower, less like a Glock and more like.. this? or this. or this.. The commonality being a) roundedness, so there's an excuse to add highlights, and b) narrowness
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:08:46 am by Ai »
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Koyot1222

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 08:34:09 am
I was thinking about composition an useing rest of the space. I have added some things. How do you like it?

Ai, i was interested in Grafx2 some time ago. But i had to short time to start to like this program.
Im useing Gimp mosty becouse its much diferent from photoshop from adobe pack, that im forced to use every day in my kind of work. Gimp have also layer with my amiga PersonalPaint did not have.
i was thought it has mostly all of things to create pixels properly, and i was also thinking that Grafx2 program is rather for profesional pixeling use. Not for amateurs like me.

"It even has an Amiga port"
Whoa... i just missed that...! I have to check it :) Thanks :D It has version for even 68k machines such as mine :) Huhu!
- I tested 68k archive it dont want to work... :/ It demands sdl library.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 10:39:51 am by Koyot1222 »