AuthorTopic: Etiquette question  (Read 8333 times)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Etiquette question

Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 12:17:01 pm
. . . in real life I do not offer critique unless explicitly asked for my opinion.

That's a great policy. You probably have more friends than Tyrone, haha.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 05:17:45 pm
That's a pretty cruel thing to say, even in levity. Also, I'd wager, not true.

Offline Shrike

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 04:50:32 am
...there is no pecking order in Pixelation.

I have to say, that's one thing I've always loved about this place. Very open, very helpful... and nobody ever treats you like an inferior, despite the high artistic success many of you have achieved.

I mean I joined this forum when I was only like eleven... I never felt like I was being mistreated. Usually, eleven year olds get butthurt real quick.

Offline piffany

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 04:01:34 pm
I mean I joined this forum when I was only like eleven

Eleven? O_O Wow, I had no social skills at eleven. Also, internet wasn't that widely available back then.
--Piffany
Disclaimer: I am still fairly new at pixel art, so please don't be offended by my negative critiques :)

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 10:08:05 pm
I didn't even have a computer at 11. I was spending my time playing SNES!  ^-^

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 03:59:07 am
That's a pretty cruel thing to say, even in levity. Also, I'd wager, not true.

Dude, it was sarcasm, come on. wHy sO sEriOuS

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 09:52:45 am
sarcasm is cruel!

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 11:22:32 pm
Haha Tyrone knows I love 'im! Cynicism may be cruel, but I try not to be that, sarcasm is just my nature, I know it's probably annoying . . . oh well hehe.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #18 on: June 26, 2011, 02:41:14 am
Oh yes, it doesn't bother me. I think the way I spout my opinion like that is something my friends either tolerate because it's the only really imposing behaviour that I have (that I know of??), or they find it amusing that I can make such a faux pas so obliviously.

Actually I was trying to think how many friends I have. How many people that I consider "friends" do not consider me? How many vice versa? It gets me to thinking about this TED talk I saw once about how human social networks function, and how certain genes define how many friends you'll likely have, and what social gene types THEY will have.

There are people who have "hub" genes, where they sit closer towards the centre of the social network, with heaps and heaps of acquaintances that they touch base with often and gain all the latest information. These people are like information relays for the network. From an evolutionary standpoint, this has the benefit of being informed about events and being able to react to things in a more organised fashion. The drawback is... plagues! Fires! Famine!

Then there's the other extreme, people who are "leaves". They have only a handful of close, trusted friends that they share much information with. These people are isolated from social calamities, but aren't as informed about things that are happening around them.

There's more to it, those are just the two extremes that I remember. I fall into that latter category. I imagine most artistic people would, since isolation gives them space to think and work.

P.S. You're all my fwiends  ^-^

P.P.S. Actually I think they mentioned something about the internet radically changing the evolutionary dynamic of social interaction. You're all my neo-friends!