AuthorTopic: Reptilian arm  (Read 10323 times)

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Re: Reptilian arm

Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 03:12:58 am
Yeah, i did that, Adarias. Here's the progress so far:

As you can see, I initially rendered the muscles with a certain degree of definition, but as i started adding the texture, i just went with the most significant volumes, ignoring the smaller muscles. This was because by looking at my references on lizard skin, i could see that it doesn't stick to the muscle in the same way as human skin does: it's thicker, there are a few ruffles (like extra skin) and there's frequently a layer of fat that makes it rounder around the muscle. I wanted to have a trim, muscular look, while not making it look too "human skin with scales on top".

Your interpretation looks great though, i'll pay special attention to the scaly version, the highlights give a nice shine to it (though the scales are too big for what i'm after, but it's still helpful).

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 03:16:26 am by Turbo »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: Reptilian arm

Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 10:09:20 am
ok cool, as long as its intentional :P

and yeah gil like i said its a quick process (about 15 minutes while watching survivor) ment purely to show a way to keep the anatomy clear despite texturing, not correct anatomy (i didnt really pay much attention to what i was doing to be honest)
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.