General > General Discussion

BrotherInWar campaign

(1/3) > >>

Mercury Rising:
I count 4 topics so far for people running for Peer Mod.  According to what I understand from Pep Pig there is 4 seats.  So you need a 5th person so I am here.  I don’t know a lot of you in fact I barely know any of you.  Some of you are saying the same thing.  Not only would I get weekly challenges (colabs, buddy, and solo), I would make and honest attempt at getting the people on these forums to get to know each other more.  Why should mods just mask the problem when they can attack it from the roots.  Getting members to know each other more would lower the amount of fighting on the forums.  Yes, I was in the old Pixelation if you don't remember me.  While I could brown nose the other candidates but, I want to keep this campaign clean.
 - BrotherInWar for Peer Mod.  Why not?
Heres your badges.

Doomraider:
Ah, helping people to get to know eachother was a great idea from you. I guess with that, there would be less problems of conflicts from people. I'll support you.

Mercury Rising:
Exactly why mask the problem when you can prevent it all together.

Peppermint Pig:
BrotherInWar,

I'm happy to hear you want to run a clean campaign. I like your idea about people getting to know one another better. I think more attention to new members, in a positive way, would be a great way to build the atmosphere we need. On the contrary, it seems that some people too easily dismiss one another when they find they don't see eye to eye on something, even after going through the process of becoming friends. Any comments about this??

When considering fairness on the forum, it appears that moderators will use their powers to try to enforce the rules equally. There's no reason why moderators cannot try to welcome and anticipate problematic members without using their powers, and deal with first offenses with suggestions to read the Rules/FAQ. I have a question for you that is related to problem solving: If representatives had the power to lock threads, would this be a good thing?

Mercury Rising:
I will reply to your comments in reverse order.

First I would like to answer your second question, about the ability for Reps to lock topics, my opinion towards that area would be no.  Reps don't need the ability of such a degree as lock topic but a lower caliber temp lock or a post block from certain members that caused the topic to be locked. 

To answer your first comment/question I feel it's just human nature to dismiss someone they can't see.  In other words when your online and you don't agree with someone you can just ignore him or her; or insult him or her as much as you want knowing they cannot touch you.  Yet in real life when there is someone you don't agree with you still have to deal with him or her.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version