AuthorTopic: Very small game character  (Read 22574 times)

Offline timeatscookies

• View Profile

Re: Very small game character

Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 03:27:09 pm
The third version is killer! It really establishes his intent to shoot the pistol! The walking animation really has a characterized stride, as others have already said. The way he holds the gun now looks so much more natural. The force from the feedback would now be through his arm straightened and not a weak bend. This is really just beast! I can't wait to see all 8 directions animated.

The look of Shadowrun is fantastic. I can't believe I've never seen the game before. I think in that sort of environment this character will flourish. By the way, does he have a name? :P

Offline 8bitbeard

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #41 on: June 23, 2011, 04:29:30 pm
The third version is killer! It really establishes his intent to shoot the pistol! The walking animation really has a characterized stride, as others have already said. The way he holds the gun now looks so much more natural. The force from the feedback would now be through his arm straightened and not a weak bend. This is really just beast! I can't wait to see all 8 directions animated.

The look of Shadowrun is fantastic. I can't believe I've never seen the game before. I think in that sort of environment this character will flourish. By the way, does he have a name? :P

Thanks a lot, glad ou like the stuff.
I'll definately go for III as I said before, even though this means I'll probably have to add a transition from the stand idle pose into that shooting pose for all 8 directions, but that should not be too much of an issue. And yes, I really cannot wait to animate the shooting feedback, even though it will be super small movement it'll really be worth the effort.

Shadowrun is really awesome and considered abdandonware by now, so you should have no problem finding a download of the ROM to run on the SNES emulator of your choice. Play it!

And no, he has no name yet  ::)

Offline 8bitbeard

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 10:46:42 pm
too tired to write.

WIP

Offline Malenko

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: June 24, 2011, 06:58:09 pm
it looks really good.  :y:

Offline 8bitbeard

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #44 on: June 25, 2011, 07:56:11 pm
and here it is, the turnaround for the new pistol aiming pose.

and a small "draw" animation test

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:10:20 pm by 8bitbeard »

Offline 8bitbeard

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #45 on: July 06, 2011, 06:18:04 am
Here we go again, 1st vacation finished.
I have worked on the next walk loop, for the 45? to the right, from front. (phew)

I only loosely used the right aligned animation as a refference, mostly for timing and where the joints in general should be, basically I put every pixel of the legs and arms from scratch.
As you might see in the 45? version I did not shrink his upper body by 1 pixel as I did for the right aligned. Im not really sure what to make of it, but it felt wrong to shorten him on the 45?, but still he somewhat seems too streched in certain frames on the right aligned when I keep his original torso height. I'll sort that out later (however, opinions are as usual greatly appreciated).
On think I'll be definately tweaking some more are the arm swings, they still can improve a litte (even though minor in pixelcount and animation work they are super important to the general mood of the animation)

So here it is, with the right aligned next to it for comparison.