AuthorTopic: kinda nudity.  (Read 3394 times)

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

kinda nudity.

on: May 11, 2006, 10:31:52 am
yeah. tear it apart. I know there's some major flaws in it. There has to be, I made it :P

8 colors. My favorite part is the broom. I always wanted to try one of those cool dither gradients. The arms didn't come out too well, they're supposed to be crossed. and you can't see the cigg too well on this light background. the back leg sucks. I dithered way too much etc. alot of people seemed to like it, but then again they don't really study or follow pixel art at all. I'll most likely not update it, but I would still love to hear what you all think is wrong with it.

also, progress gif;

Oh hell, have another this one more colorful yet equally full of flaws. ~1/2 hour to color, somewhere between nothing and a half hour for the lineart.;
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 01:09:31 pm by setz »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: kinda nudity.

Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 01:02:48 pm
Could you please use [IMG] tag instead of html? Your images aren't zoomable...

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 01:10:10 pm
My apologies, force of habit. they should all be zoomable now.

Offline Wayuki

• View Profile
    • Wayuki's Place

Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:18:20 pm
I like the colors on the succubus, but her proportions are a bit weird. Her legs are very short and thick... not very attractive, IMHO. Also, her back leg is much shorter than the other one.

I think some of the graininess should be cleaned up for more smoothness and clarity. Her arms, the hair and the top of the scythe don't stand out against each other at all. The way her arms cross looks very strange as well.

Also, her face is a bit long for a female.

I made an edit to hopefully explain it a bit better.
Yours on the left, my edit on the right:

I tried to smooth it out a bit and fix the pose/proportions. I removed some of the hair for more clarity in the pose. I changed the foot in the front to stand on the toes in an attempt to fix the mismatching leg lenghts.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:19:45 pm
I think the spine should curve downwards in the middle, she probably wouldn't keep her back as straight as that, it simply wouldn't be comfortable. I second all of Wayuki's points as well. I'd also kill the dithering on her legs and chest, it isn't really necessary at that size, and only adds texture where it should be smooth.