AuthorTopic: WiPs a la Vay  (Read 2675 times)

Offline Vayliya

• It'sa Vayvay
    • View Profile

WiPs a la Vay

on: June 12, 2011, 02:50:23 am
Creative title I know.
I'm having trouble finishing and dealing with a new piece at the same time.
Here are a few of my projects in order I most want to finish.
Complete Progress of Dancing Woman
Here is where I am at with the Dancing Woman >>>> And if you need a refence I used...well I didn't here is my sketch progress
>>>>>>

I have a few more pieces I'm working on but I will wait until the sketch phase is a little more completed at the moment I only have the chair sketched out and would like to add more to it before I show it off.

Well I guess the formalities have been completed so have at me. Years ago when I was here on an account I can't access anymore you all helped me so much so I hope to get that lucky again XD Thanks in advance and CC me. If you were curious you helped me transform my pixel http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/vayliya/Layout%20Girl/lay-crys.gif  into the beauty that it is. Yes that is my piece I just didn't use that account for like...years so it isn't around anymore XD. And I must admit it is kinda weird going through my old pj account o.o

I wanted to add I've been staring at this for a long time so I probably can't see anatomy issues and other things and I will definitely need the help when my next vision finally manifests itself...*goes back to being a fatty....chomps on a nutty buddy bar*
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:27:29 am by Vayliya »

Offline Roots

• Engineers don't make for very good artists (-_-)
    • View Profile
    • Hero of Allacrost Homepage

Re: WiPs a la Vay

Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 05:18:21 am
Wow, I really like the shading that you did on the dress. Its absolutely beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. :y:

Hero of Allacrost, a 2D RPG for Windows, OS X, Linux
We are looking for additional pixel artists!!!

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 06:51:30 am
Hello, and welcome back to Pixelation!  :)

I think the pose could use a little more movement and the anatomy could be more defined. This isn't really a strong point of mine, but I did a sketch to show what I mean:

Note the "push" in the hips and the curve of the spine. This movement gives energy to the figure.

As for the shading, the purple highlight and the blue/black shadows implies a sharp purple lightsource and a kind of white ambient light. The lack of strong shadow kind of flattens out the form in my view. I think you should strengthen the shadows a bit.

If you were curious you helped me transform my pixel http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu272/vayliya/Layout%20Girl/lay-crys.gif  into the beauty that it is. Yes that is my piece I just didn't use that account for like...years so it isn't around anymore XD. And I must admit it is kinda weird going through my old pj account o.o

I remember that piece!

Offline Vayliya

• It'sa Vayvay
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 05:31:31 am
Thanks eyecraft! I will definitely see what I can do about the shadows. I hope to have some updated progress by this weekend. I'm trying to juggle working full time and restarting college and I have to get two weeks ahead in class so I can take my midterm early so I can go on my anniversary lol. Also thanks for the advice on movement. It's really helpful.