AuthorTopic: Death rides a substitute...  (Read 11016 times)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: Death rides a substitute...

Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 11:47:09 pm
No aplogies, Dhaos. Like I said, the wasted darks thing seems to be my biggest problem, so even if you think that maybe you see one, you get a million sex points just for bringing it up.

The biggest thing that's come up since last update seems to be the armour on the legs. Here's my rationale: I wanted to maintain the chubby/dwarfy look that I feel this has, and a (literally) bony leg just can't do that. Originally, his legs were covered by cloak, but I realized pretty quickly that that didn't work cause of the wasy he's sitting. So yeah, that's... yeah. As always, though, I'm open to suggestions, especially if people feel this takes away from the pic.

Oh, and the ass' ass' gradient thing, as mentioned by Setz. That was my lame attempt at implying a cast shadow from death onto the donkey's bum (hehe, bum). I'll try and tweak it, cause I see what you're saying. Maybe making the edge harder would help?

Other stuff that came up (or didn't) that I intend to fix:
*The AA overall, as many many jaggies remain (to quote Dhaos: bad tremulant!)
*Maybe adding another shade between the scond to dark and the main blue (of the robes) to help smooth things out. Having 10 shades (hopefully) wouldn't end the world, after all. The doney's shading seems alot more smooth to me than deaths, and it distracts me ;D
*Something else? ...I'm sure there was something.

Thanks to all. I will personally be copulating with all who commented, so watch your backs. ;)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 03:13:59 am
Sorry for the double post...but updated. Is this legal?  :o

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 04:10:19 am
id make that tree lighter, right now it seems to be on the same plane as death and his mule.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 11:30:18 am
Updated, hopefully in finished form. Any glaring faults, point 'em out and make me smile. Otherwise... done? My only concern now is that it's been too AA'd, to the point of being blurry...

Thanks again for all the help, guys.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 11:34:35 am by Tremulant »

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 12:05:31 pm
it looks just fine on my screen, not blurry at all. absolutely lovely, and, except for the monochromatic colorscheme, very reminiscent of monsoon2d's work i think

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #25 on: May 14, 2006, 03:30:08 pm
I understand that it's a stylistic skull, but the nose area is bothering me. It looks as though he has a nose made of bone, the way you have the two nostril openings like that.

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 04:07:24 pm
miascugh: High praise, since both yourself and monsoon are way up on my list of favorites. :D

Davidhahaha Christ... How did I miss that? thanks David. *fixed*