AuthorTopic: e3  (Read 13431 times)

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: e3

Reply #20 on: May 13, 2006, 01:37:09 am
im pretty excited about:
excite truck, mario galaxy and project h.a.m.m.e.r from nintendo.

sad they did resurrect the kid icarus franchise though  :'(

halo 3 and fable 2 from MS

oh and gears of war looks awesome!

i wouldnt really be surprised if nintendo made an icarus game for the wii or DS, i mean theyve decided to bring back duckhunt and excitebike already
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #21 on: May 13, 2006, 02:25:11 am
new excitebike better be good.

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #22 on: May 13, 2006, 05:39:02 am
I went the first two days. Wii is a major letdown. It controls horribly and the graphics are awful across the board. If it controlled well it might be great in spite of technical limitations, but it's more difficult than just using an analog stick.

Dead Rising kicked ass. And Final Fantasy 13, whoa. Best graphics I've ever seen. The in-game looks better than most games' cinemas. Go download the IGN movie now.

By the way, Boktai 4 pixelled on DS. Looks fun, as Boktais always are.

- Adam

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 06:01:58 am
Has anyone here seen the new bomberman? WTF, I was LMAO all over the floor. It at least gets a gold star for trying.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/bombermanactzero/index.html

Double-yoo. Tee. Eff.
That looks so cheap. Rawr.

But I'm friggin psyched for Smash Bros. Brawl.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006, 06:29:53 am
I went the first two days. Wii is a major letdown. It controls horribly and the graphics are awful across the board. If it controlled well it might be great in spite of technical limitations, but it's more difficult than just using an analog stick.

Dead Rising kicked ass. And Final Fantasy 13, whoa. Best graphics I've ever seen. The in-game looks better than most games' cinemas. Go download the IGN movie now.

By the way, Boktai 4 pixelled on DS. Looks fun, as Boktais always are.

- Adam
even though i havent played it myself, i think this will take a while to adapt, i hated analogues at first now theyre second nature, of all the videos Ive watched people playing at booths some seem to get the controller straight away and some struggle.

and graphics, i dunno really, red steel, smash bros, excite truck all look amazing, but then tony hawk and some other games look pretty bare.

Im still completely psyched for the wii but Im sure its a completely different experience when youre actually at e3
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 10:47:23 am
Yeah, I'd expect analog sticks to be easier. Thing is, I'm sure it took me well over an hour of constant playing to get used to dual analog in Halo. And pretty much everyone else I know has reacted in the same way. If it's different, it's going to take time to get used to. Nintendo's philosophy is that it should appeal just as much to non-gamers, and I think it'd be easier to learn how to use the Wii controller than any dual-analog controller if it's your first time playing.

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #26 on: May 14, 2006, 10:30:57 pm
Sony was a joke, My car isn't even worth the price they're asking for a toy.  I can't believe they used "innovation" and "gyroscopic" controller in the same sentence without being laughed out of the room... Not only does it feel like a gimmick to cash in on the Revolution idea, but hell, even Microsoft was making gyroscopic controllers almost a decade ago.

More Boooring Final Fantasy Games.  Seriously when will people stop lapping up that garbage.  SPOILER ALERT: You play as a young riffraff who meets up with a princess in disguise and you must go on a quest to find 8 Crystals/Gems/Locations and defeat ultimate evil in the galaxy(tm) and also find true love.  All they ever show is cutscenes... and it's too easy to make a cutscene look better than the game will even come close to.

"wii" ...Jury seems to still be out on it... I have my reservations about basing an entire controller off of the power glove.  If it works, it should be a thrill, but I'll wait till I can play one to say for sure.

Also, more crappy team based multiplayer games set in World War 2... wow... new genres please!

The 360 looks like it may finally be developing a library of real games of which I could buy 4 and a system for the price of a Playstation 3.  But I won't since I don't buy gaming consoles.

New Castlevania for DS, hopefully it will be fun WITH a good story and not crap like the Sorrow games (zomg I am a 17 kid who is dracula blah... dumb)

and \m/ For New Super Mario Brothers for DS.
Glub Glub!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 11:36:42 pm
when did the castlevania games have good stories?

agree on final fantasy, but it's a hugely successful franchise so don't hold your breath on that one

agree on teambased wwii games. enough already

saw metal gear 4 full trailer. Seems like a promising feature-length film. I liked the last two ones too.

I might buy a wii.