AuthorTopic: Hello, Pixelation.  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Dreganius

• (Suavemaculant)
    • View Profile

Hello, Pixelation.

on: May 26, 2011, 05:54:07 pm
Good day, Gentlemen.

I am Dreganius. I have come here for three reasons:

Reason 1: I admire Pixel and Sprite art, and after years of gaming, wish to learn the art I so admire to a better standard.
Reason 2: I am an Indie Games Developer, and have begun working on a 2D Sidescrolling Shooter/Space Shooter (two games in one, of sorts). I'm only an Artist, my closest friend is programming it. I am looking to increase my skills to a standard where the game will benefit from it, as well as look for a possible member to join our small studio for a while.
Reason 3: I see Pixel Art as a challenge, as you need to get as much detail as possible in with every single pixel being in the right place. I like challenges.

Although I have read a few tutorials in the thread by Panda, I would be delighted if some proficient Pixel Artists could direct me to any recommended Tutorials and/or critique my work as I start posting it. I've a decent set of general Art knowledge, especially in a Digital form, and after years of playing games I have come accustomed to the way they look, so I understand what my starting goal is, currently. (At least Super Metroid on the SNES' standard is where I will be happy with for now.)

Thank you for reading, and I am glad to join this fine community.
~ Innocence proves Nothing. ~

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Hello, Pixelation.

Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 06:02:59 pm
Goes here, I believe. Move?

Anyhow, welcome to Pixelation!

Offline Dreganius

• (Suavemaculant)
    • View Profile

Re: Hello, Pixelation.

Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 06:15:59 pm
Apologies, I am about to turn in for the night and my mind isn't functioning like it should; I didn't check to see if I was posting where I should have been.

Thank you kindly for your welcome.
~ Innocence proves Nothing. ~