AuthorTopic: a witch  (Read 6501 times)

Offline jumbopaulo

• yeah
    • View Profile

Re: a witch

Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 02:43:30 am
about the costume:
i'm kind of a rookie in this stuff. i could give her a better costume if it was hand drawn (in paper or tablet). so, i call this costume SLOTH XD
i understand your point, anyways. i'll make a completely new witch from scratch, including new costume, when the semester in my college is over. because if i keep changing this one, i'll never finish it, u know?

about shading/anatomy/that kind of stuff:
as i said, i'm a noob :P
i have a lot to learn yet, patience with me ;D

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 01:59:18 pm
Hehe, kind of ironic coming from someone named Erekt. ;)

Hey, that's my real name man :'( Well almost...

Anyway, my last post might have been a bit harsh. Sorry about that. The lineart itself is pretty solid, tho not a big fan of the subject matter for reasons already stated. But it's jumbopaulo's call for sure, I'm just another guy with an opinion so consider or disregard my suggestion as you want.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:01:06 pm by ErekT »

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 04:03:21 pm
about the costume:
i'm kind of a rookie in this stuff. i could give her a better costume if it was hand drawn (in paper or tablet). so, i call this costume SLOTH XD
i understand your point, anyways. i'll make a completely new witch from scratch, including new costume, when the semester in my college is over. because if i keep changing this one, i'll never finish it, u know?

about shading/anatomy/that kind of stuff:
as i said, i'm a noob :P
i have a lot to learn yet, patience with me ;D
Maybe you shouldn't blame a bad costume on which medium you started from, because either way it started from your imagination. Decide which direction you're going in first to make sure the elements are unified--say, maybe you want it to have some African elements or, I don't know, maybe make it look closer to Chun Li's costume. Then, I suppose, you could look up some pictures to get more inspiration from and copy-pasta them into an assorted bowl of clippings. (Ignore that, that was a pun.) And of course, practice. ...I'm not picking up the ConceptArt virus am I?

IMO, the anatomy's good enough--it's just the shading and palette choices you need to work on, I think. Regardless of whether or not you're going to make a new witch, these are things you need to keep in mind to improve.