AuthorTopic: Arma's Pixel Junk Dump  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Armageddon

• View Profile

Arma's Pixel Junk Dump

on: May 16, 2011, 12:44:50 am
Here's a bunch of crap I've been randomly doing the past month. I hope you like some of it.

I know a lot of this is terrible half-finished or inconsistent. But it's a pixel dump! I've been doing pixel art for about a year now though. :D

Offline st0ven

• View Profile
    • spriteart

Re: Arma's Pixel Junk Dump

Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 03:09:34 am
just a question, are you looking for comments or are you content just sharing your stuff?

What is your inspiration for your pixel works? do you have any goals in mind going forward or are you pretty content with what you are doing?

Im not sure that any megaman base/edits are going to inspire a ton of positive feedback from most members here.

<- this piece looks pretty promising, was there a reference to go along with this? i think its probably the standout work for me assuming it was drawn organically.

Offline Armageddon

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:15:18 am
I used this as a reference,

And yes I would like comments. I know the mega-man thing was pretty stupid, I get these game ideas a lot and just want to concept stuff out. Most of these were for adventure games or side scrollers, Right now I'd like to make an isometric zombie action rpg! :D I don't know how to code so they usually burn out pretty fast.

Offline 8bitbeard

• View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 01:58:41 pm
really like this one

However, this one here is just a pixelized version of the doublefine logo

you should really at least mention the origin on that.....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:05:02 pm by 8bitbeard »

Offline piffany

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 03:20:51 am
For this one:

The lines from the left and right sides of the street converge in an odd fashion. Also, many of the lines appear to have jaggies because the slopes are not suitable for pixel art.

This one here I like. The lines are very clean. I'm curious what it could look like if you gave him glowing (red?) eyes and a subtle but evil grin.

--Piffany
Disclaimer: I am still fairly new at pixel art, so please don't be offended by my negative critiques :)