AuthorTopic: Stan from South Park  (Read 2686 times)

Offline TripleM

• View Profile

Stan from South Park

on: May 15, 2011, 11:30:57 pm
I have continued more so on making my South Park Sprite Collection by making Stan.
Pixels make my head work. Not hurt

Offline DtFM

• View Profile

Re: Stan from South Park

Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 12:01:12 am
South Park characters shouldn't have outlines. I made a quick edit just getting rid of the black:

The head is also too small and the eyes too far apart.

Offline TripleM

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 01:20:25 am
Ya dude I no right after I posted it I did the same thing but I didn't post it :D
Pixels make my head work. Not hurt

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 12:50:45 pm
Why not just compile all 3 into a single thread? I think that would save some space.

By the way, mittens seem to bend a bit awkwardly, bending away from his body when the arms suggest bending in. Even when DtFM enlarged them, the problem still persisted. Other than that, there are some jaggies, abrupt turns in the lines where smoother curves are supposed to be suggested.

Left, jaggies. Right, no jaggies. Taken from that huge PixelJoint tutorial.

Offline Im King Louie

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 05:51:34 pm
Your consistently making all their torsos too tall.  You could probably fix this by lowering the heads of all your South Park sprites a few pixels.

All the South Park kids have shoulders that start at the diameter of their heads.  (I would say their shoulders start at their ears but they have none.)  Their bodies are half the height of their head and their legs are slightly less than half of their body.  In total, they're about 1.75 heads tall.