AuthorTopic: Forest Princess sprite  (Read 6433 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Forest Princess sprite

on: May 06, 2006, 04:06:24 pm
loosely based on Lise from SD3.

C+C?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Re: Forest Princess sprite

Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 04:12:52 pm
Very nice as usual ^^

Two suggestions :
-Edit her right feet, there's a weird blob on our left.
-Make the separation between the skin and the shirt sharper.

You're much more skilled than me so I may say useless stuff :/

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 05:45:19 pm
I think the large anime head doesn't fit the realistic style of the body. Maybe the presence of a neck could change that, but i'm more inclined to believe that head should be smaller. It also looks a bit stiff on top of the shoulders. Probably that neck again.

Great colors, pose and anatomy as usual. Must say i'm a fan of yours :)

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 08:32:37 pm
 Looks very CT like. GJ adrias :D.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 10:27:15 pm
Great details, her coat and boots really stand out, and the head looks great.  Her legs look VERY dynamic, but her body is a little  more static, the mismatch is throwing me off a bit, not sure the best way to fix that though.  Will you be animating her?

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 01:24:18 am
I don't know if I have the right to suggest this, but I'd like to comment on the style of a lot of your pieces. 

I'd like to see some more color variation in your works.  You have such a great understanding of color interaction, but you always seem to use the same basic pallette.  A lot of your pieces have these same colors: dark teal, peach, light lavender, a red->orange->yellow color row, and a dark reddish brown.  As a result, though all the pieces look great by themselves, they tend to look the same.  Perhaps it's because many of them were from that GBA game you're working on?  If this is true and you wanted to keep the same style for the entire game, then I beg your pardon.  But if not, try working with some new, interesting pallettes.  I'd love to see what you can do.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 02:36:07 am
thansk for the comments everybody, ill try to take them into consideration if i make an edit

@Fak : its true that i tend within the same color ranges, but this isnt because im afraid of going outside of them, i simply like them.  should i need to do something different, id probably enjoy the challenge and the new look, but these are for-fun pieces, and the fact of the matter is that ive devised this general palette because i enjoy working with it.  If you saw my traditional artwork (paintings, etc) youll find that when i am doing something for pure enjoyment of relaxation and enjoyment, these are the colors that appear most often.

what would be fun would be a challenge in which everyone had to use a palette and style that they werent used to, to see what people would come up with when thrown out of their comfort zone
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 02:39:07 am
I may just be interpreting the pose wrong, but I think it would be much more "powerful" if her left foot were in front of her right foot.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 02:45:55 am
thank you David, and you are quite right that a closed stance provides a stronger base of power, but this character isnt so much about power.  ill keep it in mind though
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 03:46:05 am
thansk for the comments everybody, ill try to take them into consideration if i make an edit

@Fak : its true that i tend within the same color ranges, but this isnt because im afraid of going outside of them, i simply like them.  should i need to do something different, id probably enjoy the challenge and the new look, but these are for-fun pieces, and the fact of the matter is that ive devised this general palette because i enjoy working with it.  If you saw my traditional artwork (paintings, etc) youll find that when i am doing something for pure enjoyment of relaxation and enjoyment, these are the colors that appear most often.

what would be fun would be a challenge in which everyone had to use a palette and style that they werent used to, to see what people would come up with when thrown out of their comfort zone
That would be a true challenge.  Since I recognized your ability in choosing colors, I figured that you used this pallette because you wanted to.  Cool, carry on then.  ;D