AuthorTopic: First try - cat O_o  (Read 3078 times)

Offline SlippyToad

• View Profile

First try - cat O_o

on: April 30, 2006, 09:03:17 am
Hi everyone,

I'm currently planing to make a game ... with a cat. So I made a little 'idle' animation for the beginning.

Critics are welcome :).
(I hope you can see the little hypnotic belly motion I tried to do *lol*)

EDIT: btw it's 4 fps

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Re: First try - cat O_o

Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 01:54:53 am
there are some technical little nitpicks, but ill let somebody else point those out.  :)
i think the knees should bend less in the last frame.
lovin the belly motion <3

Offline SlippyToad

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 05:43:34 pm
Because I'm still new to this, I'd like to know, how you guys are doing your animations. Are you drawing "keyframes" and then draw some frames between? Or are you drawing everything from the beginning to the end?
And are you doing all frames in line art first or are you coloring them (a bit) "on the fly"?

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 03:58:42 am
Because I'm still new to this, I'd like to know, how you guys are doing your animations. Are you drawing "keyframes" and then draw some frames between? Or are you drawing everything from the beginning to the end?
And are you doing all frames in line art first or are you coloring them (a bit) "on the fly"?
It verily depends on what you're going for. Some do it beginning to end, and some do keyframes. Mostly, it depends on whether you'll have variable framerate (in which you'd go beg to end), or whether you'll have a constant framerate (mostly do keyframing here).

A lot of us use silhouettes. It gives a nice motive look as opposed to lineart, which may get messy later. Coloring on the fly is perty hard (for me, at the least).