AuthorTopic: GR#050 - I am Legion  (Read 9879 times)

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Re: I Am Legion

Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 07:57:34 am
Very cool. I like the message you're communicating a lot, especially the bit about attentiveness, tho I have to admit that one went by me until you pointed it out :P

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 12:58:26 pm
Cure, the pixelling is very nice. I don't have too much critique on that front.

I would cut the pieces into panels, however, not just black limbospace.

I wanted to ask, are you a christian then?

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 06:42:42 pm
@Helm:
1. The original idea was that they'd be pages in a book, so panels is probably best. I'll try that out.
2. Depends on how you define christian I guess. Probably not. I think Jesus had his head on straight, the gospel writers didn't quite get it (and had their own political motives), and most modern adaptations of his ideas are pretty confused (excepting the contemplatives- Keating, Merton, John of the Cross, et al). The center of his philosophy was the "kingdom of god" he only alluded to in parables- heaven/hell/judgment/only-begotten-savior-son-of-god came from other (Jewish and Hellenistic) sources.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:39:37 am by Cure »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 08:26:30 am
instantly better to read for me.

The reason I ask about Christianity is because I get a strong vibe of "ex-quasi-Christian trying to make his worldview cohere with outside data" from this, if you catch my meaning. I do appreciate your intent with it nonetheless, and there is a risk involved that is hard not to respect. It's just that... Christian symbolism is spent to such an extent for me... I'd like to see even more personal work from you.

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 10:30:30 am
Off-topic:
I'm cool with Christian symbolism when it's used as a means to communicate a message detached from the question of belief. In cases where the ultimate goal is to tailor religious teachings to contemporary audiences in order to convert them, and the medium used; pixel art, music or whatever is reduced to a vehicle for reaching them then hmmm... I get a bit apprehensive. I never felt that was the intention with this piece though. Just my personal opinion thrown into the mix.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:53:57 am by ErekT »