AuthorTopic: polishing photo art  (Read 2128 times)

Offline pixelrox

• View Profile

polishing photo art

on: May 05, 2011, 08:54:58 pm
Hi, everyone. I posted here, since this is off-topic, but I do need help figuring this out. It's graphics related.

I have been looking at hidden object games recently. Such as those found at bigfishgames.com.

Many of the games use very high quality images that look like they were polished digital photos. Some of course use custom made artwork.

My question is this. Can someone point to a tutorial or perhaps a howto on creating art like that from photographs using photoshop maybe. Or like a making of article? I know, there are various skills in question here, so it's a matter of being good with the software you use, but perhaps someone experienced, can nail it down to maybe a half dozen specific areas to study, to get that done.

Some of the games are so incredibly vibrant, that the first thing that popped into my mind was pixel art. It's far from being pixel art, but if you appreciate the fine crisp visuals that pixel art provide, you know what I mean. Polishing digital photographs to such detail is really great. Also if you have personal input on this or other suggestions, please note them. I am exploring all kinds of possibilities with digital art. Almost forgot, if you know of any where is waldo like pixel art pictures, please link them. Or any pixel art games with hidden object themes.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: polishing photo art

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:56:23 pm
Definitely grab some examples of exactly what you're talking about and post them so they're visible here. I'm interested in evaluating them and hopefully pointing you in the right direction, if possible.