AuthorTopic: Blick: Campaign  (Read 12022 times)

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Blick: Campaign

Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 07:24:49 pm
I disagree, if I understand what you're saying. I mean, critique on challenge entries is appreciated, but I think the thing that makes a good challenge what it is would be when many people work on the same guidelines and get to see how eachother went about using the limitations. I guess what I'm saying is that the hallmark of a challenge is the fun I get out of seeing other's ideas form and seeing new ways to make things.

I'm not very articulate on this subject it seems so you really made me struggle there, Pep. :\

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 08:25:09 pm
Hehe, that's alright. I think you answered it fine. It was my intention to try to ask thoughtful or challenging questions of the candidates, and I hoped others would too. Like to know what you guys stand for :)

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 02:23:02 am
You seem to only have challenges as your only real reason for someone to vote for you.
What else are you to offer? Better monitering of useless posts <-- thats a goodone (by the end of pixelation i was sick of the stuff i was reading).

Perhaps some sort of 'learning' thing would be good. Challenges can usually only re-represent the persons current skill level in some restricted/monitored way. All that may be progressed from atleast what i see is imagination and learning to see how to not think narrow minded but rather come up with creative ideas. True this is good for some members, but i believe this is a forum for ALL.
Perhaps giving small lessons, tutorial links, professional breakdown, then have them immitate that, or what theyv learned opposed to always just having activities such as 'make a 8x8 tile iso map' or 'only use grey shades'.

Hopefully that makes sense, but i feel you need a bit more to offer than just weekly challenges.
Also as a leader, i feel there should be quality posts made. In-depth reviews and edits for people. It doesnt have to be no 3pgs long, but still better than the average post i feel.

Would you be willing to do these things?
Not to fret, im contemplating on voting for you.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 03:48:32 am
I knew someone had to see through my single reason campaign sooner or later.

With posting above average, I could do that. Going more in depth with my critiques probably wouldn't be a problem for me, since many pieces interest me enough to motivate me, but still have enough flaws to help the artist out on. When it comes to giving lessons, settign up new programs for the beginners and such, I just don't have the time or energy to do those. Although if other representatives come up with some, I'd be willing to help them. I don't want to promise helping people with my ideas when I know I'm not going to have the energy to do it, so I tried to keep my campaign simple.

Other than challenges, I also liked the idea of bringing commercial critique back. Since it's another thing I sometimes miss. I remember a commercial critique on the original Boktai that got me interested in using input other than the buttons (Boktai's case, the UV rays from the sun were used operate the Piledriver and to charge your gun) and got me thinking to neat game ideas and sometimes the commercial critique would get me to try my hand at other styles. The problem with me bringing the commercial critique back for me is that I never actually participated in them when they were around, so I never really learned how to start a discussion on a commercial game nor am I observant enough to point out things that others posting can feed off of to reply. Although I could bring it up with others and try to persuade them to help me out with it.

I don't really know what to do about useless posts and rules though. Everything that I'd ever think of on the rules side of things on the board is already being used in someone elses (Hint: His name isn't catmeat) campaign and I figured if there are four seats open, and I get in, I'm going to be with other representatives that already have plans formed for the subject that, like I said, I'd be willing to help with, but not actually do on my own.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 05:30:51 am
 :) tis good.
Im game for commercial crits.
goodluck to ya

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 05:03:37 am
Yay for Blick!  :D Blick has my vote. As soon as I figure out what is wrong with my signature... can't change it for some reason, I will put your banner up Blick.

aka: Zoomrix

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 07:39:55 pm
You've got my vote.

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 08:47:11 pm
sounds like pandas dropping out.
You got my support.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 25, 2005, 01:44:09 am
Panda's dropping out D: I was going to vote for him and Dogmeat. Oh well. I guess mentioning the fact that there were/are better candidates out there than myself isn't a good thing to do, especially in my campaign thread. Like there's any way that Dogmeat isn't getting in.