AuthorTopic: Activity Suggestion: Weekly Activities  (Read 8763 times)

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Activity Suggestion: Weekly Activities

on: May 02, 2006, 05:43:33 pm
I was surfing the net and came upon an art community site called www.eatpoo.com, their forum is very active, like pixelopolis, they have finished works, general discussion, and activities. But they have something that this forum doesn't, weekly activities. It is in which an  assigned admin (or someone else, not really sure) creates a topic for an activity every week (For example, zombies, Draw my character, etc.) And I've noticed that their forum is much more active than this one and more advanced in means of art. Maybe if we create the "Weekly Activities", we will certainly improve ourselves and looking for something to draw or to "pixelate" will be much easier. At least the inactive pixelers will have something to look forward to, and something to participate in to. Ok, that's just my suggestion. (P.S. here's the link to the "eatpoo art community's weekly activities" :  http://www.eatpoo.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=19
Thanks
極度のレーザーの多色刷りの飛行の浮かぶバナナに対す る非常に熱く熱いロボッ

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: Activity Suggestion: Weekly Activities

Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 07:01:20 pm
I'd also like to see some kind of return of the weekly Challenges.

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:51:58 pm
Ow those promises were never actually kept by the leaders on this forum. We used to have a lot of activities. But don't be in despair. The time that Pixelation arises from it's so-called death will be soon.
Things will change.

We will pixel!
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 11:20:06 pm
haha, forward march!

actually, maybe anyone can post a weekly activity just ask permission from who's incharge. or maybe not, we can have one specific admin to do it or all of them.. I dunno! maybe!

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 11:33:18 pm
actually, some modifications to the rules were suppose to be added which allows members to create challenges..
If someone has a challenge, they can post it in the general section and if it gains alot of support, it can be moved to the activities section I suppose.
I'd suggest not flooding the place with challenges though, so if you see one, wait until the challenge is over or has died down to propose a new one.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 11:34:51 pm by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 01:29:07 am
weekly challenges would be awesome,

of course they would only add about 2 more hours to the mass of hours i spend not having a life on the computer :P

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 11:50:33 am
challenges are fine if people want to organize them, otherwise they tend to die quick.  id love to see some weekly things, its good to keep the inspiration up
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline jeiki

• 24 hour ninja
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 12:27:50 am
so.. what do the admins say?

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 05:51:48 am
so.. what do the admins say?
well, people are free to start an activity if there is an insifficient supply of them..
If it recieves alot of support, it would be moved to the activities section.
I'd be open to hearing what members think about this.
Lately the challenges have been sporadic, but maybe bringing back some sort of consistency would be good? I dont know. I do know that there has been in the past been a decrease in the amount of participation to consistent challenges, and this may be why we have tried to have people other than the mods/admins create challenges.
What I'd like to discuss more is what can be done to have participation grow, and this is why I'm bringing this up now.

edit: I have a crazy idea just now that I feel like throwing out here.. How about a "Show and Tell" day for every week where people can pixel something of theirs(say you have a specific toy), and then share it to others in the thread?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 05:56:33 am by Alex Hanson-White »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 10:10:49 am
i like the show and tell idea

so if i get you, members can simply start their own things in off-topic and if enough people participate, it will become an official activity?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.