AuthorTopic: [WIP]Unhero's Art Dump (game mockup)  (Read 12107 times)

Offline Unhero

• View Profile
    • My works

Re: [WIP]This game has no name (mockup)

Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 04:57:43 am
redrew the roof:

last:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:02:48 am by Unhero »

Offline lilwing

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]Unhero's Art Dump (game mockup)

Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 01:10:38 am
I like the lineart on the truck. Eto horosho! (govoryu nemnogo russkiy yazyk)

Cafe looks better, now that you have some texture to the bricks, but it still looks flat because there are no shadows and the highlights are dull. You can add some dimensions to it by revealing the interior of the cafe and demonstrating the transparent qualities of the glass.

The sign is plain and I can't tell if it's neon or a billboard. Billboards have a cardboard-like texture and furthermore, I can't imagine why a billboard would have such a combination of colors. Neon signs should have metal ribs behind them and the bright green colors palette would match. You will have to choose one or the other before you continue. Another thing you should start thinking about is including some kind of graphic to include in the sign. Perhaps a burger and a coffee?

Truck

The paint job on the truck looks washed out. It should be shiny, right? This can be achieved with more contrast. Just up the contrast a bit, saturate the colors more and it should be better. The wheels should have darker tones of gray, and I've never seen a truck with Eisenkreuze for hubcaps, but I suppose you could make it work. The blue windows look better than gray, but they should have darker tones; bright enough to look transparent, though. What will really make the truck look real, once you've done all that, is the chrome plating on the bumpers and the reflective qualities of the lights on both ends. You really need to focus on these areas last and they need to have some wicked contrast. Once all that is finished, take a good look at the solid outlines and try to do selective outlining.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 01:12:15 am by lilwing »

Offline Unhero

• View Profile
    • My works

Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 07:14:32 am
lilwing, hi, thanks for explanatories, your Russian it is good) I have started to correct a pickup, have set contrast colors, but while it seems to me, what became worse, wheels I will correct a bit later, also there is a problem - how to represent chrome on a bumper if it is not difficult - show?

Offline Unhero

• View Profile
    • My works

Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 08:01:22 am
redrew signboard:

Offline Unhero

• View Profile
    • My works

Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 11:34:24 am
Please give advice what form of a roof better to make, this building - a boutique, well or clothing store  ???

Offline Unhero

• View Profile
    • My works

Reply #25 on: May 30, 2011, 08:28:55 am
I just started to paint, as can be given a three-dimensionality?

edited:

marble texture:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 05:51:38 pm by Unhero »

Offline Unhero

• View Profile
    • My works

Reply #26 on: June 03, 2011, 12:52:33 pm
Please criticize work, drew quickly and inattentively: