AuthorTopic: Rock tiles, Over detailed?  (Read 9080 times)

Offline evilDan

• View Profile
    • dansilber.com

Re: Rock tiles, Over detailed?

Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 05:23:57 pm
Hmmm... It's a little hard to tell without seeing the full context.  I've found that you make detail work great so long that the color contrast doesn't conflict with the interactive components of the game.
interstellartortoise.com

Offline Ovyx

• View Profile

Re: Rock tiles, Over detailed?

Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 08:25:29 pm
         Mathias, I really just posted here so I could figure out how to improve my work, And I have learned from everyones comments that I need to use a better method to keep the form and I should simplfy a tad. I don't actually have a full scene, I only made the rocks. Perhaps the pallete was rather garish, It was going to  be a desert scene, but I'm rather sick of them so I'll just move on to something else (It's not for any project, just practise). I'll try out Promotion as well, but I think I should learn how to use Photoshop now, seeing that how many of you skilled people use it. Well, and I want to get into other graphic design mediums as well, So Photoshop will be a necessary skill later on, but thats another story. I'll Take what I learned here and implicate it in my future works, Thank you all very much.  :)