AuthorTopic: Tiles, crit please.  (Read 8232 times)

Offline Lucas

• View Profile

Re: Tiles, crit please.

Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 04:19:59 am

Another small update : )

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 03:42:19 am
The dock of the bridge... Er... The frame... Oh screw it, I'm tired.

Well the flat top part of the dock seems a bit flat, as if we're seeing it from an overhead angle. However, the angle of the planks suggests otherwise. Then the angles on the handlebars (I said I'm tired!) seems very confusing. Top of the bars seems at an overhead angle but the way the vertical pegs join onto the bars is flat, like you're viewing it from a head-on point of view.

...Really, I swear I'm tired!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 06:10:51 am by pistachio »

Offline Lucas

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 04:58:10 pm

I've updated the wooden dock portion of the tiles slightly.  Criticism, suggestions, edits are welcome please!

Ok ok, so you got some tiles going on here, but man they're rather boring aren't they? So plastic clean. No character, quite plain.

I suggest having a mockup going so you can see how these tiles look in the same environment, how they work together, etc.

Your cobblestones road looks like vertical red bricks. Why not go a more typical cobblestone-ish route. With such a tiny resolution, as is the case with most all PA, I recommend employing more common and recognizable textures/motifs.

I am beginning to dislike the coble stone more and more myself, and am currently looking for an alternative.  Can you show me what you mean by "more typical cobblestone-ish route?"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:30:44 pm by Lucas »