AuthorTopic: Grafx2 2.3  (Read 3311 times)

Offline yrizoud

• View Profile

Grafx2 2.3

on: April 20, 2011, 11:25:53 pm
Grafx2 v2.3 is out ;D. It's the first "official release" since 2.2 from one year ago.
There are no groundbreaking changes, but a large number of small improvements. The Palette screen for example is redesigned and makes it very easy to see duplicate colors and eradicate them. Changelog is here.
There are also some serious bugs fixed, so if there are people still using 2.2, they really should upgrade  :P

Any feedback is 100% welcome (bug reports are even 200% welcome)

A working Mac OSX version is also there. It was made by hhhikr a few weeks early before finalizing 2.3 so it lacks the very last touches of polish, but it's very stable.

By the way I've started a Grafx2 blog, because updating the website itself is a bit painful and nobody likes reading a manual. Grafx2 has a lot "under the hood" that's not evident at first glance, hopefully some highly-illustrated posts will catch people's interested and make them see beyond the pencil tool and the 1-pixel brush.

Offline Psiweapon

• View Profile
    • My portfolio

Re: Grafx2 2.3

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 01:26:46 am
Wow! You're behind current GrafX2 development?!

I LOVE YOU!!!

I wouldn't even be pixelling were it not because of GrafX2!!!

ZOMG!!1!!1!!!!one!

:-* :-* :-*

I'm going to check that blog at fucking lightspeed.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 03:42:14 am
Is there ever going to be direct support for animation? This is a nice little program, but without animation, it's just a toy.

Offline ui

• Venezuela
    • View Profile
    • http://www.iloveui.com

Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 05:50:53 am
Hey, before anything... really thx for working on that wonderfull program!!! keep going guys!!!

And i have a question. how hard is to implement this algorith?
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=10510

seens like superusefull in any pixel tool, but dont knwo how hard is to make it work!...

Offline yrizoud

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 09:06:39 am
blumunkee :
Not sure. Animation is not just something you tack on afterwards : Just look at PAP or Pencil Planner, they have like 3 drawing tools, and dozens of other buttons and menus which are animation-specific. I'd hate to spend a year rewriting grafx2 and hear only "oh but I didn't think this would change the program so much, now it's not even a nice pixel program anymore".
ui :
I've already done part of the Rotsprite algorithm :
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=12502.msg123523#msg123523
It's not as miraculous as expected. It only helps avoiding noise in the frontiers between two large clusters of single color.