AuthorTopic: Pokemon Mewtwo Sprite  (Read 3356 times)

Offline 8BitSkinny

• View Profile
    • 8BitSkinny

Pokemon Mewtwo Sprite

on: May 07, 2011, 04:49:56 pm
Alright, so I've decided to work on something a little easier. I've pi led Mewtwo from the Pokemon series. Can I get some pointers and opinions please.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:00:08 pm by 8BitSkinny »
Free Lance Pixel Artist - Contact me @ ShaneSchwarzman@gmail.com

Offline alex pang

• View Profile

Re: Pokemon Mewtwo Sprite

Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 06:20:38 pm
Lines are really jaggy. You should work on the shading too. Maybe add som high lights (really light areas.)
 - Alex

Offline Puppet

• Nom, I'm a Panda.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 07:22:30 pm
I'm a bit tired so I'll try to keep this short and simple :)
Have you got a picture refference of him? To help you with his current stance, if not it'd be a good idea.
Where's the light source coming from?
I think his torso could do with some correcting as his chest doesn't quite look like that some working on that would be a good idea as could his face.
Could you also provide a color palette because I'm a tad to lazy and tired at the moment to collect one from the image haha.
His current stance isn't exactly correct either as his feet don't seem to be pointing in the way that it should be. So turning his right foot round a bit more could help quite a bit, some dithering could be benificial for his purple tail / stomach.
That's all for now.
I'm Just a Panda In a Panda Eat Panda World. Panda, Panda.

Offline Im King Louie

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 11:25:15 pm
You should practice pixeling circles and curves by hand to eliminate jaggies.

And fix Mewtwo's left foot, it looks like his toe is sticking up.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 06:04:57 am
if you're using a reference it'd be helpful to post it, if you aren't then I'd suggest using a reference.

the arm on our left looks noodly, it's a smooth curve rather than specific anatomy, like an elbow. the (purple part of the) belly should protrude a little more, the purple tail/belly doesn't seem to wrap around right. lighting is kinda odd, things aren't really casting shadows like one would expect. the head looks like it's lit from the left, the neck like it's lit from the right.

here's a mewtwo I sprited, if it helps.

and bulbapedia has a collection of sprites that might be helpful in understanding mewtwo's anatomy.