AuthorTopic: SEXY SEXY LADY  (Read 6171 times)

Offline Slainte

• View Profile

Re: SEXY SEXY LADY

Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 08:48:00 pm
Hmmm I prefered the old one as it gave it a better "comic" extreme look to me, the new one, though more eye-pleasant, dulls a bit the contrast, though maybe  the old one had a bit too much saturation on the highlight yellows. The new tones work great also... but i'd stay with the old ramp for the skin.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Re: SEXY SEXY LADY

Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 09:38:40 pm
from what i can tell, the pallette was basicly shifted towards the red part of the spectrum. if that's what you had in mind it is ok, but, by using more of the darker shades, just in case you tried that, i meant to use the ones you already had there, not changing any of the colors (well, not that drastically, desaturating the dark tones a bit). to make them more invasive into the shape
yes, the contrastier version is better; i like to use somewhat darker backgrounds, with bright ones you run the risk of getting those washed out colors more easily.
just another thing: that highlight on the big forearm looks a bit mushed with the dithering 'softening' it all around, the shape looks a bit undefined. i would try to extend it towards the elbow and have it end sharply before this wrinkle between forearm and the biceps. i think i'm seeing the same issue with highlights in other parts as well, like on the left upper leg.. it's kind of too punctiform
hope i'm clearer now :)