AuthorTopic: Intro to Pixelation! + Cute little Soul Calibur icons  (Read 8546 times)

Offline Greger

• View Profile

Re: Intro to Pixelation! + Cute little Soul Calibur icons

Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 12:43:41 am
Don't need to resize your art for Pixelation. Click on the image, and shift-click on it too. We have a zoom script :)

It may seem counter intuitive but perhaps what the edge of the sword needs is a darker line and some AA (better AA than what I managed, frankly). That's one way to go. Also check front horn for some pixel-by-pixel alterations to make it work better.

Slightly off-topic, I was wondering about the zoom function here actually ;
I really like it, it's a neat function. What bothers me is that you can't zoom out, and that the pixels get smudged as you zoom in. Is it possible to have the zoom work so that it works like in MS Paint? The smudginess when you zoom in makes it harder to distinguish colours etc.

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 06:51:29 am
Don't need to resize your art for Pixelation. Click on the image, and shift-click on it too. We have a zoom script :)

It may seem counter intuitive but perhaps what the edge of the sword needs is a darker line and some AA (better AA than what I managed, frankly). That's one way to go. Also check front horn for some pixel-by-pixel alterations to make it work better.

I really like it, it's a neat function. What bothers me is that you can't zoom out, and that the pixels get smudged as you zoom in. Is it possible to have the zoom work so that it works like in MS Paint? The smudginess when you zoom in makes it harder to distinguish colours etc.
The smudge is due to your browser, not much to do about it
Relevent threads:
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=8144.0
Firefox is fixed but Chrome and someother browsers still do this.
And just hold ctrl as you click to zoom out. ::)

Offline AlexxShadenk777

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 01:38:31 pm
I think you should look at the edit for a long time... and then delete it and never look at it again. Recreate the points of the critique on your own art from the ground up. You won't learn as much if you adopt an edit.
D: Delete my child?! Never!

If anything I'll just work on a different costume of Nightmare's, probably I'll work on the 2P design from SCII next.

Offline edu1337

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 01:58:04 pm
first thing you need to learn in any form of art is: your works are NOT your children. kill them when necessary.

Offline AlexxShadenk777

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 02:26:59 pm
XD

Offline Greger

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 03:30:16 pm

The smudge is due to your browser, not much to do about it
Relevent threads:
http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=8144.0
Firefox is fixed but Chrome and someother browsers still do this.
And just hold ctrl as you click to zoom out. ::)

Ah alright, cheers :)