AuthorTopic: Stupid Wips (update)  (Read 8503 times)

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Stupid Wips (update)

on: April 28, 2006, 08:05:12 am
for some reason i can't sleep, scary...maybe i'm dying or something. anyway, since i can't seem to fall asleep, i thought i'd try to do some small sprites. well... their not really sprites, their more like figurative drawings i guess.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 10:59:23 pm by SplatPixel »

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Re: Stupid Wips

Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 10:25:06 am
These are neat, quite expressive for being so tiny. The phone chick is funny, so is the guy getting chased by the doggie. You did good with these, if you make more try using some AA to help smooth out some of the details. Nice seeing tiny work from you =3.

Offline vedsten

• boo
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 10:52:45 am
gawd, these are lovely, very expressive, no real crits

Quote from: Dhaos
Nice seeing tiny work from you =3.
!

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 01:52:17 pm
These are great! They portray your style so well in minature form! :D I love the golf buggy and your macho man the most. Lovely work :D :D :D

Dan
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 02:15:31 pm
those are all just great, very expressive and stylish and readable, awesome job!

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 02:27:11 pm
Those are awesome. I agree with what everyone else has said. I also lke the coloured versions, although i think i prefer the uncoloured versions because of their style.

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 02:30:34 pm
they rock, in all forms of rockign =o

I particularly love the guy getting messed up on the scooter, and the kids. and everyone trying to poke their chest out that seem so pathetic compared to the bulky guy. it's alot of pwn in so very little space =]

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 06:07:11 pm
how you made your(awesome) style into these sized sprites is amazing. the buff guy is ace, and loving everything else. they look like they could make an awesome sprite comic *hint, hint*

Offline PyroPiranha

• "Leading Ninja Authority" - Ninja #2350228
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 06:52:15 pm
Well I'll be damned.  I lived to see the day Splatpixel did something small.
Very stylish, very good, but you don't need me to tell you that.
Besides the already noted needed aa, I must say these animated would be quite amusing. 

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 11:27:36 pm
Besides the already noted needed aa, I must say these animated would be quite amusing.
My thoughts exactly...mainly the dog and the running kid, but also the fallen dude.
I also lke the coloured versions, although i think i prefer the uncoloured versions because of their style.
I also like the grey ones, but only partially 'cause of the style...the colored ones just don't seem to be very well thought out. Dunno why, though, or what to do to make 'em better.

I really don't like that fat guy, but that's probably 'cause he's got manhip showing. And he's fat...With moobs. <those things don't mix well. At least give him some classic fat people sweatpants and sweater.

Friggin great to see something this size from you. Puts alot of your pixels to work as more than flat color. It's like having an empire that's too big, see? Not everyone has something to do. But when you slaughter the idlers, the mighty remain. Though they may be less in number, they are equal in force!

I have no idea what I'm talking about. :P