AuthorTopic: Nintendo are revolting!?  (Read 31495 times)

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Re: Nintendo are revolting!?

Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 03:44:13 am
I think it is just a marketing strategy ... to get everyone to fucking talk about it.

And its working.
@darionmccoy

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: April 29, 2006, 12:35:42 pm
......... because without a superficial name change to get people talking, nobody would be ...........

as far as xion's last little gouge though, a person who thinkgs FPS's are all the same hasnt played very many (though granted they can be awfully similar), and im disappointed too, since there is so much that could be done with the genre, but whatever is being done isnt going to be done on the Wii.  same goes for rpg's, which are in a sort of 'enlightenment' time period when they all try to be exactly like each other, but one can only hope the romantic period will kick in shortly
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline 8bitty

• poop
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: April 29, 2006, 01:01:07 pm
i love the name wii

Offline Billeh

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: April 29, 2006, 03:30:33 pm
I personally dont like it...Im never gonna have my friend come over to my house and say "Can I play with your Wii?" its just not correct...Not to mention the Revolution was a PWnage name.

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: April 29, 2006, 04:53:45 pm
......... because without a superficial name change to get people talking, nobody would be ...........

well.. of course, i guess they ARE interested in making some profit with it, and they have to step into the light somehow. be the method superficial as you say or not, it's definitely drawn attention to it (edit: attention of people who aren't constantly following the news of the scene, just to draw the connection to you implying that it doesn't deserve attention, or that this just is a cheap way of distracting from other weaknesses), but does it make the whole thing, the new console, any less interesting? and of course do you not have to like it, heh, i'm glad though, that there is someone out there that dares to be innovative from time to time. it's all a matter of taste anyways
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:59:54 pm by miascugh »

Offline Neoriceisgood

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: April 29, 2006, 05:47:20 pm
I personally dont like it...Im never gonna have my friend come over to my house and say "Can I play with your Wii?" its just not correct...Not to mention the Revolution was a PWnage name.

Why not just say "Can I play with your Nintendo Wii?"  that sounds alot better already!

Offline GOODNIGHTdestroyer

• Unf Unf.
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: April 29, 2006, 05:57:38 pm
Didn't they codename the nintendo 64 dolphin before it came out?
And I am finally seeing that you were the one worth eating.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: April 30, 2006, 01:25:41 am
Of course the name is going to be silly if you sit and say it in puns and such to make it purposely sound stupid. How many people have ever actually said "Do you want to play with my ps2/xbox/gamecube?" It's not like a toy where you play with it, you play the games. Do people giggle whenever the word "we" is used in a sentence?

I can't say I adore the name, but I don't hate it either. I think it's about time consoles start coming out with more unique names, and not such seemingly generic names. I don't know why people are raising such a fuss and such over a simple name. A name isn't going to change the console, change the games that are being developed for it, change what it offers. To turn down a console over its name is a little rediculous in my eyes.

The main problem gamecube had was the games for it really lacked. There were hardly any third-party games worth mentioning being developed, and those that were, were RPGs -- and that's not hardly going to grab a huge group of people to it. Though, from what I've heard developers are jumping in their shoes at the possibilities the Wii can offer in terms of gameplay, and how much they will get to just go beyond the limits of the other consoles. I think this may solve the problem of the game database, especially considering Wii will offer something completely unique that the other consoles won't. Oh, and Zelda.

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: April 30, 2006, 02:09:34 am
i see no reason to buy the revolution, or even really the 360 for that matter, though ill probably get one of those at some point, i plan to buy a PS3.  why? the games.  if they release a new mario platformer for the ..... Wii ....., that will get me interested.  i havent researched it at all, so i consider myself the average consumer (i say that because nintendo cant possibly say that hardcore gamers are their traget audience), but i havent seen anything but metroid and an old man pretending to fish.  the revolution looks like a nice toy with all its silly little things, but if i want to play good games, im sticking with Sony.  I would like the 360 if it didnt seem to be all shooters + fable, which i can play on the computer with better controls.
*hugs*
Although, I'll prolly buy a "Wii" eventually.

Didn't they codename the nintendo 64 dolphin before it came out?
I think they codenamed the 'Cube that.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 03:26:23 am
The main problem gamecube had was the games for it really lacked. There were hardly any third-party games worth mentioning being developed, and those that were, were RPGs -- and that's not hardly going to grab a huge group of people to it.
RE4?

The name is bad. Which was a good call on Nintendo's part. Got me talking about it, along with others. Should know better than to fall for that.  :-\