AuthorTopic: Nintendo are revolting!?  (Read 31268 times)

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Nintendo are revolting!?

on: April 28, 2006, 07:27:08 am
Wii!?

Wii?

WTF?

Would anyone here buy a console that's sounds like a bodily function?

From Revolution to pissing... !?

Why?

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/703/703593p1.html
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Nintendo are revolting!?

Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 07:35:40 am
Don't get your pants in a knot, Pete :)

As long as it has good games i will still buy it.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 08:30:44 am
Yo, I was watching a movie and this guy, he was like, "Oh, I got Nintendo" and I was like, "Oh my God... Wiiiiiiiiiiii!"

Actually I haven't bought a console since playstation, and even then I ended up selling it, I've been out of the mix in the current gaming world for quite awhile. I blame my empty pockets.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:08:16 am
i was wondering if a topic about it would appear here.

well, I was sold on the Wii back when it was going by revolution. and Im sure everyone who already knew about it has already made their mind up. the only people who havent made up their mind are the people who dont know about it, and to them its always been called "wii" and that name is enough to get people curious about what the hell it is.

its a good move on nintendos half.. and I quite like the name.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:12:08 am
Don't get me wrong... the consoles ace... the controllers nice and quirky to play with opning up a lot of new potential for gaming that and the fact I've always been a big fan of Nintendo... I just think the name sux... and the Big N's marketing justification for it strikes me as load of marketing buncum... "oo it represents the blah dee blah dee blah" - I'm just worried any subsequent consoles (by them) may follow the same trend...

The new "Poo" Console - the double o represents the people's happy faces with P representing PLAYING together...
The new "Cum" Console - this represents people Coming together to play

btw sven me old china... all of this is tongue in cheek - with a little element of seriousness thrown in... why do those that have the power feel the need to change the names of the consoles prior to release? Xbox 360 WAS XENON... which imo is better... Revolution... IMO is more fitting... Gamecube worked (even though it was dolphin in development) - I always prefered Genesis to Megadrive (even thought I know that was a regional difference) etc etc...

Blah... enough whining from me...

Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 11:39:51 am
seriously, the names mean nothing for me, it's what you play on it, although obviously as part of marketing strategy, wii will hurt Nintendo. Besides, the best named console ever was the MASTER SYSTEM

Offline Miguel

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 12:24:20 pm
Besides, the best named console ever was the MASTER SYSTEM

Rooooooooofl, word'

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 02:06:14 pm
seriously, the names mean nothing for me, it's what you play on it, although obviously as part of marketing strategy, wii will hurt Nintendo. Besides, the best named console ever was the MASTER SYSTEM

Actually, I have mixed feelings about the name change. while it's quite stupid on one hand, it *will* get people talking about it, alot of free publicity, I can't think of a forum I go to where wii wasn't mentioned, I know next class I go to will have people talking about it. Also, I used to think you were awesome because of your work, now with your feelings about the master system, you rock on a whole new level.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 02:23:08 pm
Although setz, that's just like what me and a mate were talking about a few days ago. There's a building along our busstop which has its name and logo printed completely mirrored (not just backwards) on the side of it. I said it was insanely dumb, my mate said that it was dumb, but also was quite good because it had got us talking about it. But seriously i wouldn't have read any more into the company because of its stupidity.

I love nintendo, but i do think the name Wii is a tad weird. I would have preffered revolution. Although its true that it isnt really about the name... but still.

Offline goat

• bl33t
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 02:31:42 pm
Why did I have to live to see the decline of Nintendo :(
typing ewith fdace