AuthorTopic: Just getting started...  (Read 2437 times)

Offline poisonarms

• View Profile

Just getting started...

on: March 23, 2011, 05:16:52 pm
I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips when it comes to practicing? Any suggestions for "easy" sprites to draw and practice on? I've read a few tutorials, but, my detailing is still really bad. When I see good sprites, it always confuses me when I see them up close. I have a hard time grasping why an artist chose a certain color for a specific area on the sprite. This is mainly when I notice something like one pixel is totally different in surrounded by mostly similar pixels. Can anyone offer any insight?

Offline Rawsushi

• View Profile
    • Terrormisu - The Art of B Rosaschi

Re: Just getting started...

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:30:31 pm
There are many, many tutorials available, but if you have a specific question you want answered, we might be able to provide the answer or, at the very least, point you in the right direction.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Just getting started...

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 05:37:06 pm
There are many, many tutorials available, but if you have a specific question you want answered, we might be able to provide the answer or, at the very least, point you in the right direction.

In fact there are plenty of good tutorials in this thread. Not only for pixel art but art altogether. You'll learn a lot from them. And then of course you could also learn a lot from getting your pixel art critiqued.