AuthorTopic: GR#046 - RPG Bar Scene - Tiles  (Read 13823 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]Tileset for a bar

Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 10:07:54 pm

Just messing around, haven't added any objects in yet, the floor hasn't been placed properly at all...but what i noticed, for me at least, is that your shapes get lost in the grain of things and your colors fall flat.  This has very limited texture, the hearth is a placeholder and like i said is missing the furniture, bottles, postings, straw on the floor, etc that would make this even more engaging, but i think already you're sucked in better, particularly by the introduction of windows and warm/cool contrast.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 06:16:13 am
What a great edit!   :y:

With low resolution, you gotta use color, it helps the shapes and details read clearly. Introducing a set of color harmonies adds a lot of visual interest to the scene. It makes a location memorable and distinguishable in the player's mind. Also, in rooms with a lot of texture, don't forget to give the player places to rest her eyes. You can even use them like accents -- maybe the floor is textured but the top of the bar and the stools have simple interior shading.

In the edit, if the tops of the walls blend better into the black background it could improve the scene's sense of depth. Otherwise, the transition is so distinct that the room looks suspended mid-air.

Offline CircleDrain

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 08:08:59 pm
A very big thanks :)

I gonna edit it asap.

Have a lot to do.

But a big big thank you for so much tips and edits. I try to make it ;)

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:41 pm

Just messing around, haven't added any objects in yet, the floor hasn't been placed properly at all...but what i noticed, for me at least, is that your shapes get lost in the grain of things and your colors fall flat.  This has very limited texture, the hearth is a placeholder and like i said is missing the furniture, bottles, postings, straw on the floor, etc that would make this even more engaging, but i think already you're sucked in better, particularly by the introduction of windows and warm/cool contrast.
Man thats awesome advice and edit.