AuthorTopic: Website layout. - now with 50% less racism!  (Read 15431 times)

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: Website layout. - now with 50% less racism!

Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 09:26:10 pm
GoodNightdestroyer's comment was obviously irony about the excessive drama over misinterpreted racism.

No it wasn't.  It served no purpose other than to purport more drama.  And I don't know how you can call Alex immature and defend that comment in the same post.

and wtf you're not Indigo. 

As for the website, it's still very barren and uninteresting.  If you're going with the dead them a sort of graveyard backdrop with maybe a mausoleum would be interesting...

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 03:13:32 am
GoodNightdestroyer's comment was obviously irony about the excessive drama over misinterpreted racism.

The only person that may have been guilty of (wrongfully accused) racism has appologised and changed the offending piece. Maybe if you did the same, Alex, you wouldn't feel so persecuted. Maturity and all.

Josh may have been ironic with his post (with his perception of racism and all) but even so it was out of the line. Besides, i handled myself very well, despite the language.
alexander

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 05:29:24 pm
YEA NIGGA.

BLACK POWER.
@darionmccoy

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 05:59:04 pm
personally i think if we cant talk about the website itself, this should be locked

i still think that the site would benefit from larger images that really benefit the layout, whereas these small characters and tiles simply serve imo to make it look repetitive and empty
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: May 02, 2006, 09:05:09 pm
I think the hanged dude should be a robot. That would be sweet.
Some other things need to be added though, like spouts of grass, some weeds, rocks, etc. Just some stuff to break the monotony.

But sometimes I wonder if people are actually offended, or just act that way because it's politically correct and it's how people "should react."

You could make a hanging-man(and hanging-woman!) sprite for every skin-tone group on Earth, so nobody will think that your penchant for grim and violent imagery is unfairly focused.
Haha, they'll just think he's a nihilist or something.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:12:56 pm by Razz »

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #35 on: May 03, 2006, 05:22:08 am
Wow...

I think the hanged dude should be a robot. That would be sweet.
lol.
Yeah, have a kind of racism towards the mechanical men theme. Like Animatrix.

I agree that the purple dude looks out of place. You should just make a single character, and base all the other characters in your layout in that style, with similar pallette choices and proportions, but different poses and clothes. As I said before, I like the grass, but the layout would definately benefeit from more. A hellhound, pile of corpses, and some silhouettes of more hanging people in the distance would add much to this. Again, as I said before, the tiled look should be lost. Go for an approach as if this were a single piece of art, not a game. Games use tiles - small segments of art. Works of art are unique in every section, unless a recurring theme is sought.
Some small, shriveled plants, maybe?
If you're going to make the background more detailed, remember to add outlines to the sprites that you wish to be links.