AuthorTopic: Website layout. - now with 50% less racism!  (Read 15542 times)

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Website layout. - now with 50% less racism!

on: April 25, 2006, 02:27:01 pm
http://panicus.org/~setz/website/

Not much else to say. The main/art/info links are most likely temporary until I make something more fitting to the mood. For the most part it's finished, I don't think I'll do much more improvements on it. Not much content to it yet, but I'd like to see what people think of the layout. Any comments would be nice even if I don't use them in this piece, It'll still be nice to know what people think and how to improve my skills in general.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 11:16:28 am by setz »

Offline Big nothing

• View Profile

Re: Website layout.

Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 04:54:11 pm
Amazing layout, it's very amazing  ::)
Big nothing... The big strong pixelartist!

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 06:30:13 pm
nice site setz  :)

Offline God Slayer

• No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. No one.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 07:12:46 pm
The repeating background is a little too blatent, you should tone it down since it makes the site seem more cluttered, which is bad.  Tone it down, either take it out of desaturate it. Also, the characters under your lettering aren't evenly spaced, and the white outline clashes too much. You want the characters to stand out, not be an eyesore.

Its easy to tell where where the 'grid' is, you should take some time and go through and unify everything a bit more and give it more depth.Its a good start.

ps, Whats with the lame replies? Lets better the community guys, and do less asspatting meaninglessness and more critique, eh?

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 09:01:30 pm
It looks ok at the moment. I'm not diggin' the plain lookin' dirt, though. It's too light, and needs a little more color in my opinion. The background also needs a little work, as it's feeling a little repetitive, kinda like those old windows backgrounds for your desktops that got ya dizzy when you stared at them for too long. By the way, I would crit more, but I noticed an African American bieng hanged on the far left side of the screen. All I have to say it wow. For future reference, I don't think your site will gain much popularitly with it there. But if it's your thing, or you didn't mean it that way, than thats cool I guess. I'll just keep my thoughts to myself on that one. Hope nobody see's it in the wrong way as I did, or even takes offense to it. Good luck
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 09:05:39 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 11:40:03 pm
B.O.B.: The way I look at it an african american being hung is no different than any other race being hung, to be honest the only reason it's not a white person is because I felt that skintone went better with the surroundings, I apologize if you take offense to it, because that wasn't the meaning.

Also, the characters under your lettering aren't evenly spaced, and the white outline clashes too much. You want the characters to stand out, not be an eyesore.
The main/art/info links are most likely temporary until I make something more fitting to the mood.

As for the background, I'll see what I can do, it was pertty much just something quick I slopped together.

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 11:46:50 pm
It is in poor taste to have a black person hanging from a tree considering in recent history such things have occurred. It's really in poor taste to have a guy hanging from a tree anyway.

Oh, and the image coupled with the title of the site and the fact that everyone else is white just comes off wrong.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 11:48:39 pm by David »

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 11:52:22 pm
 :o

Looks like me.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 11:53:57 pm by Darion »
@darionmccoy

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 11:54:40 pm
you may find a better way to approach the issue whilst keeping the atmosphere, and maybe even improving upon it would be to have a skeleton hanging in tattered clothes as if it had been hanging there for years.
the only thing that gives things meaning is the past eg  the swastika is merely a shape, but it raises a lot of different emotions in a lot of different people.  something to keep in mind.

Offline Billeh

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 12:10:20 am
Yes definitly bad taste to have a black man hanging from the gallows. Maybe have a fictional character hanging there. Or a famous (but no controversial) figure. Something to get rid of that. It will raise alot of emotions and discourage employers.