AuthorTopic: Blossom Tales - Wizard Crocus attack animations / walk cycle spritesheet [page3]  (Read 68498 times)

Offline RetroRob

• View Profile
    • 2Headed Games
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:55:05 am by RetroRob »

Offline RetroRob

• View Profile
    • 2Headed Games
updated above post

Offline redballoon

• View Profile
I think it!s coming along nicely, though looking more SNES than NES. You may have answered already bit why are the clouds and smoke as well as some lighting effects not pixelated too? Just wondering, see.

Offline RetroRob

• View Profile
    • 2Headed Games
Anything that's soft I'll put anti-aliasing as long as it looks good - clouds / snow / smoke.  But that's about it.  If I had to pick I'd say it was more SNES than anything, although I've been using an NES color palette for the base of pretty much everything.   

Offline RetroRob

• View Profile
    • 2Headed Games
I've been working on the northern mountains this week.   Any thoughts / suggestions welcome as always :D

Offline RetroRob

• View Profile
    • 2Headed Games

Offline RetroRob

• View Profile
    • 2Headed Games
Which one do you like better of the two?

This one is my pick out of the two.

The one below is my favorite.
The one above is a vibrating effect and this one I like because of the yellow / black flashes that give it a electrified feeling and is much more powerful than the simple virbate.  Also the bones are better.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:32:48 pm by RetroRob »

Offline RetroRob

• View Profile
    • 2Headed Games

Re: Blossom Tales - Castle Mess Hall

Reply #77 on: December 02, 2011, 05:26:05 am

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #78 on: December 02, 2011, 05:46:24 am
Wow still trucking along. You are unstoppable.

As for the anims above - the one with black outlines blinking white is, I like the other. Both shock anims are good, they look like different degrees of damage being done - the top being a light shock and the second one a stronger ZAP.

I like the LTTP lookin' interior you just posted. What gfx program do you work in?

Offline RetroRob

• View Profile
    • 2Headed Games

Reply #79 on: December 02, 2011, 02:17:51 pm
Hey Mathias,
Thanks for the input.  The final animation for the stun won't have the white blinking.   I just didn't know if people would read the X eyes properly.   I think we will probably end up using both shock animations as you suggested for different levels of damage.   I use photoshop for all my spriting.  I really love photoshop for spriting, although my major complaint with it is that there's no way to do nested animations as far as I'm aware. 

Thx!