AuthorTopic: C&C on Samus  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

C&C on Samus

on: March 15, 2011, 03:36:30 pm
About two years ago someone on a different forum I frequent posted a challenge to color this lineart-

I started, and, because I frankly sucked at spriting back then, it turned out terrible and I stopped working on it. About a year after that, I discovered it again and started working on it some more. It was better, and I finished the entire thing, but then I saw it again recently. I edited or redid a whole lot, and ended up with this-

Now her (from her POV) right arm and shoulder, right upper leg, and left hand are untouched from the two year old original, because I want to keep them as a reference. I'm not using this sprite for anything other than practice, so it doesn't really get in the way or really matter that much. Anyway, I'm still learning so I'd like to hear (well, read) your opinions.

Also, the extra helmet is based on Prime, while the one that's attached is classic 2D style.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:38:01 pm by Phlakes »

Offline berserkx33

• View Profile

Re: C&C on Samus

Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 06:39:55 pm
I liked a lot this coloring, but there is one problem with the hand coloring, it seens a little of to me, try mantaining the darker shades over the fingers letting the orange color only, i think it will look a little better. Or you could change the forth color to a less contrasting, i think it will do too.
WTF! My bright colors took over all the pallet! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I hate you 16 colors limitation!

Please visit my GALLERY for more of my works!!!
http://img14.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=tamagotchit.jpg

Offline Phlakes

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:52:01 pm
I liked a lot this coloring, but there is one problem with the hand coloring, it seens a little of to me, try mantaining the darker shades over the fingers letting the orange color only, i think it will look a little better. Or you could change the forth color to a less contrasting, i think it will do too.

Well-

Now her (from her POV) right arm and shoulder, right upper leg, and left hand are untouched from the two year old original
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:03:38 pm by Phlakes »

Offline TheChannel

• Sky Rockets in Flight, Afternoon Delight.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 09:02:51 pm
Nice!
Maybe a little bit of dithering in the helmet shine?
(Very opinionated, hence question mark)