AuthorTopic: Character Portraits [WIP]  (Read 2516 times)

Offline CopynPaste

• View Profile

Character Portraits [WIP]

on: March 12, 2011, 10:50:10 am
Hey there, CnP speakin',

Some of you may remember me as the guy who posted a chronological line of sprites to see how the style that will be used in a certain game I'm working on with others evolved, but now since that is done and decided, I've decided to come back here for a mo' to get me revved-up on help for the character portraits.
I've been working on the portrait of a female character, Cheonsa, and here is what I've come up with for now -

I'm sure there are multiple errors, since this is actually my first time on detailed character portraits, and I wish these to be as good as possible, thus I'm asking for the opinion and critique of those around in here in order to help me improve my work. And yes, I know that the hair isn't shaded and that the neck isn't shaded as well - I only worked on the face thus far.
Thanks in advance, CnP

EDIT:-
I also noticed that saving as .PNG changes the colors inside the image, making this one duller than the original. Is there any file I can save as in order to keep the colors I originally used?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:51:56 am by CopynPaste »
"You got five seconds, five seconds I tell you, before everything in this world, this universe and everybody who inhab" ~[insertnamehere]

Offline Demian

• View Profile

Re: Character Portraits [WIP]

Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 01:56:29 pm
Hi, the file format doesn't change your colors. Just pay more attention to the file settings before saving, i think you saved with less colors that the original image has.
^^

Offline CopynPaste

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:20:45 pm
Hi, the file format doesn't change your colors. Just pay more attention to the file settings before saving, i think you saved with less colors that the original image has.
I'm actually quite certain that it does, at least, when I save it as .PNG under GIMP. Maybe it is a preference error... Hmm...
"You got five seconds, five seconds I tell you, before everything in this world, this universe and everybody who inhab" ~[insertnamehere]

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 05:05:54 am
Major anatomy issues. Here is a step by step fix:

That ear might be a little high.